Last Name
Dickey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRML
Service Branch
USAF
Hi Dave,
Just stumbled upon this and plan to attend and maybe with #1 son. Everyone have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Reactions: PapaDave

lowrider

Rank III

Contributor III

Athol, Idaho, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Dickey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRML
Service Branch
USAF
How much do you think your rig weighs in at?
I know because I go across the scales at the WA port of entry pretty much every day, sometimes multiple times a day. 22k lbs give or take a few hundred pounds, it\'s closer to 23k with all the ice and snow on it this last week.
Hi Dave,
Just stumbled upon this...plan to be there and maybe with #1 son. Everyone have a Happy New Year!!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Dave,
Just stumbled upon this and plan to attend and maybe with #1 son. Everyone have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!
Hey glad you found it! How did you stumble upon it? Looking at the calendar, meet ups under the forum page, or some other way? Helps me to know how to get the word out to people, thanks!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Next week we meet!

This is our first meet up kicking off 2023!

I reserved us the party room at the Pizza Factory so order pizza for the family ahead of time if you like. We will meet the first hour to eat and discuss plans and then kick tires.

Pizza Factory 1/8/23
1-3pm
503 W Appleway Ave
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

I’m going to park in the back of the lot away from the building to give more room

Last edited:
Reactions: brewerrob

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Looks we will have a little weather for our meet up tomorrow January 8th, 1-3pm, Pizza Factory in Coeur d’alene

Bring your rig loaded up!

Sse you there
61AAB73D-9104-4809-A88C-20F528F9FDE6.png

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I meant to ask, does WA/ID/MT have a fire permit requirement?

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

For having a campfire or for getting firewood?
For having a campfire
I have never heard of a permit for any area that I have been to but you will want to check what the area is requiring. Some areas only allow campfires for certain parts of the year and in certain spots and others allow no wood campfires but allow propane. I usually just end up calling the ranger in the area I’m visiting during the week prior to the trip. If it’s the middle of the summer, they can also tell you where the current fires are and if there are trails closed.

Reactions: Ebbs and PapaDave

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I will try to hit the next one. With my family responsibilities expanding I need to budget time a bit and I have a responsibility to the Spokane ARES group, so hopefully every other meetup I will be able to hit.
I'm not sure about making any trips, but I would like to try to stay connected to the community.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I have never heard of a permit for any area that I have been to but you will want to check what the area is requiring. Some areas only allow campfires for certain parts of the year and in certain spots and others allow no wood campfires but allow propane. I usually just end up calling the ranger in the area I’m visiting during the week prior to the trip. If it’s the middle of the summer, they can also tell you where the current fires are and if there are trails closed.
Ok understood. If anyone goes into California you’ll need to have a CA fire permit which is easy and free to get. It’s mainly watching a tutorial about proper fire care and then printing out the certificate. I usually kept it in my glovebox just in case. Again only if you go into California

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I believe I was talking to one of the Steve’s about the overkill trailer. As of today, 1/13, it is available to rent the weekend of the overland expo in Bend, OR. My wife and I rented this exact trailer for a weekend and it was awesome. Fully stocked except for bedding and food.

Roverentals.com

Attachments

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I believe I was talking to one of the Steve’s about the overkill trailer. As of today, 1/13, it is available to rent the weekend of the overland expo in Bend, OR. My wife and I rented this exact trailer for a weekend and it was awesome. Fully stocked except for bedding and food.

Roverentals.com
Very cool

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I won't be able to attend the overland expo in bend (unless something changes in my monetary future lol) but I plan on going to NW overland rally and the panhandle overland rally. Is anyone else planning on attending those? I know the NWOR is the weekend before Juneteenth. Not sure about Panhandle

Last edited: