• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Getting very ancy...

Yal are gonna love the drive up so get your cameras ready. Maybe bring a fishing rod, whatever style is fine. I should be fly fishing contingent on the condition of the water. Last week when I was up there it was like chocolate milk....weather looks nice....this will be great.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Hi all! I really wanted to make this trip. I'm so looking forward to the stories and pics. We have house guests coming and the honey do list is LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG. Safe trip to all.....Looking to go next time!!

Reactions: Byron Eby

Rubilocal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

Byron, Mormon emigrant trail is open! Just a few days ago. Unless we are excited about the Tahoe route that would save time headed to the trail. Would probably need to meet in pollock rather then fresh pond or back road it.
Thoughts?

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Byron, Mormon emigrant trail is open! Just a few days ago. Unless we are excited about the Tahoe route that would save time headed to the trail. Would probably need to meet in pollock rather then fresh pond or back road it.
Thoughts?
If we did that we could meet at safeway at sly park road and top off gas if needed at crystal view.

Rubilocal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

I'm good either way, just thought I would mention the option. I will save us about half an hour. If there is no traffic to Tahoe.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Hey just a heads up guys. It hasn't been mentioned but I went ahead and did some research. It *is* illegal to cross the Carson River in a motorized vehicle. Bring your swim trunks cause that's the only way to the hot spring (just on other side of river)

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hey just a heads up guys. It hasn't been mentioned but I went ahead and did some research. It *is* illegal to cross the Carson River in a motorized vehicle. Bring your swim trunks cause that's the only way to the hot spring (just on other side of river)
It has been illegal to drive across the river for a long time from what i read. People still drive across but not worth a freaking ticket, I'll swim across or wade depending on water level.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

@Rubilocal We have lots of time and I kinda wanted to show some of the guys the Tahoe route. There are so many sights driving through Hope Valley and Markleeville and seeing both East and West fork Carson Rivers.

@maktruk So lets stick with the original for now and next trip we will throw the back roads in.

I drove through part of Mormon Emigrant a few days ago and there was a Subaru stuck in a patch of snow left in the middle of the road. Pretty weird and creepy and I am pissed I didnt grab a picture of it but I was flying down the road.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

@maktruk Yes that is true about the crossing. Very illegal on many trails now and we are lucky to still have this one open because many less than generous people destroy our major Trout streams after hydro locking. I have seen 6-10 lb Trout fished out of this river and would like to keep it that way.