Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

No plans but always interested. I would love to start exploring sections of the TNJT.
Since we still cant camp this year, thats exactly what I have been doing. day trips to a section of the trail to familiarize myself. Its been worth in IMHO.

Came across a section of washed out trail that I ended up turning back on and going around. With some prep/planning it would have been fine I think, but my girl was getting a little nervous haha.

Here is the spot if anyone is planning their route. I would say a stock height subaru is not getting past it...but I am sure the skill of the driver has a lot to do with it.
Screenshot_20200619-085757_Maps.jpgIMG_20200619_085457_812.jpg

Quick video

BillyBeards

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

Since we still cant camp this year, thats exactly what I have been doing. day trips to a section of the trail to familiarize myself. Its been worth in IMHO.

Came across a section of washed out trail that I ended up turning back on and going around. With some prep/planning it would have been fine I think, but my girl was getting a little nervous haha.

Here is the spot if anyone is planning their route. I would say a stock height subaru is not getting past it...but I am sure the skill of the driver has a lot to do with it.
View attachment 159186View attachment 159187

Quick video
Looks like fun.
I'm up on the NY.NJ border in Rockland County NY and would be down to meet up if anyone wants to check out some of this trails.

Reactions: TSO_NJ

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Looks like fun.
I'm up on the NY.NJ border in Rockland County NY and would be down to meet up if anyone wants to check out some of this trails.
Heading to New City for dinner tonight!
I decided to replace my rotten exhaust today and its going to spill over into the weekend. Otherwise I would be down.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

New member from Oakland in North Jersey, you can see me in the members map, I'll be down for some rigs and coffee in north Jersey if enough guys are around
I'm in the process of getting something setup. I'll have giveaways and other member benefits. I'm on vacation next week so I'll start planning and locking down a date then. Stay tuned.

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Alright all, date is set. Hopefully you can all make it.

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Alright all, date is set. Hopefully you can all make it.

Awesome. RSVP'd How does it work for sending out the invites via the member map? Do people get a notification it was sent, or?

bradwesley

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Audubon, NJ, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Braddock
Crud. I just checked in on this thread and see there was a meetup I missed.

I unwatched and watched the thread again making sure to select email so hopefully I’ll catch the next one.

In the meantime, I tend to enter around Batstos Village and have a lot of weeknights and weekends free if anyone is heading out and looking for company! :)

Cris_Anton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oakland, NJ, USA
First Name
Cristian
Last Name
Anton
Member #

Crud. I just checked in on this thread and see there was a meetup I missed.

I unwatched and watched the thread again making sure to select email so hopefully I’ll catch the next one.

In the meantime, I tend to enter around Batstos Village and have a lot of weeknights and weekends free if anyone is heading out and looking for company! :)
That meet didn’t happen due to weather , I’m in Bergen county if anyone wants to do something around the area

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

North Jersey, Hackettstown Area. Need to get out and back on the trails soon!
I'm sure a lot is washed out from the storm, might be fun.

I hope everyone is safe.
That's the problem. People want to go but I'm sure there's trees down blocking trails.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I don't live there anymore, i'm down in NC now but i usually take at least one trip up a year to visit family. Their in Hackettstown, sparta, Jefferson, West Milford area. Would love to meet up on my next trip up god knows when, lol.