Nite ize equipment

• HTML tutorial

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I carry a half dozen of that last carabiner in the photos for tying things down in my truck while driving. They work fairly well, but I've had them slip before.

Very handy around the campsite.

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I only use them for very very small loads.

My tonneau cover raises on gas shocks, so if I have a load that sticks out of the top of the bed I'll tie the cover down using these.

For example I carted around my summer tires and rims with one tire sticking out of the top of my truck cover few inches for a week or so. I used the carabiner to tie the cover down snug against the tire. I had to snug up the rope a couple of times through the week because it slipped through the teeth of the carabiner.

I don't trust them for any kind of shifting heavy load.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

o
I only use them for very very small loads.

My tonneau cover raises on gas shocks, so if I have a load that sticks out of the top of the bed I'll tie the cover down using these.

For example I carted around my summer tires and rims with one tire sticking out of the top of my truck cover few inches for a week or so. I used the carabiner to tie the cover down snug against the tire. I had to snug up the rope a couple of times through the week because it slipped through the teeth of the carabiner.

I don't trust them for any kind of shifting heavy load.
Just as I expected. I came across them on the interweb and didnt know how big they are and whether they would be worth investing in.

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

For securing loads with a rope I find a quick knot is better.

Or use bungee straps. If it's a bigger load a ratchet strap works best for me.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I have 2 sets of their reflective tent guy lines with figure 9s attached that I plan on using for my rtt and my privacy shelter. I haven't used them yet but I will be sure to give them an adequate test and report back.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I have 2 sets of their reflective tent guy lines with figure 9s attached that I plan on using for my rtt and my privacy shelter. I haven't used them yet but I will be sure to give them an adequate test and report back.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app
excellent. I have a number of £s reserved should your feedback show these items in a good light.

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

We have the first picture. They work great with tarps. We use them to make shelter with. Haven't let us down yet and you can pull it tight like a tie down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

The cam type I use for lots of things. They are really great for tents or similar. I use them extensively for my RTT ground surround, ground tents, and general camping ties for LED lights. Often I have a standard non cam clip on one end for quick attachment with the cam type oppistie for quick tightening. I must have a dozen or more. Really handy.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I also use them around camp for tents and shade but wouldn't trust them for hauling because they slip.

They also have a product that is a giant twist tie, stiff copper wire with a thick rubber coating. Those are great for everything.

krax

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

NC
Member #

I use them for stringing up tarps for hammocks and such. Easier to put up and take down than a trucker's hitch.