Launch Member

Contributor I

Durango, CO
First Name
Amy
Last Name
McClintock
Member #

I'm new (as of yesterday) to this group. I'm researching doing a build to my 2015 Xterra Pro 4X. I'm looking at doing many of the mods done here.
Justin, what lift did you do? Thx!

manualhydra27

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver
Member #

I'm new (as of yesterday) to this group. I'm researching doing a build to my 2015 Xterra Pro 4X. I'm looking at doing many of the mods done here.
Justin, what lift did you do? Thx!
I did the full old man emu suspension system (see below link). It really changed the vehicle for the better. On and off road handling characteristics are much better. I used the heavy springs on the coil overs on the front which has been perfect with the arb bumper, 3/16" skid plates, winch and sliders. If there are other pictures or questions you have just message me.

http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58951&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

Nisstec are really good guys to work with.

Attachments

Reactions: Amy DGO

Amy DGO

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Durango, CO
First Name
Amy
Last Name
McClintock
Member #

Thanks! Apologies--I don't kn0w how to PM here yet. I'm working with a local shop as I've never done a suspension lift before. They are recommending the Nisstec MK84 Extended Travel Lift Kit, 2". My stock Xterra Pro 4X's rear end is sagging, the hitch is too low, and the bumper stop sometimes hits the frame -- much to my dismay -- but I hear these are common Xterra problems. Plus I do a bit of 4x4 trails to get to backpacks, camping and hiking, so I hope this will do. Btw, you're rig looks totally cool.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

If you are not using the hitch to tow a trailer, there are a couple options that allow you to remove it and install frame mounting recovery points. Before I got my MaxGear rear bumper, I had the Habitat Offroad rear recovery points with the stock bumper and they worked great.

Here is a link - https://habitatoffroad.com/collections/recovery-points/products/nissan-xterra-gen2-rear-recovery-point?variant=33092193094

Unfortunately it looks like they are currently out of stock. I thought P&P also offered them but I don't have a link.

Check out my build thread for more info and pictures.

manualhydra27

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver
Member #

Thanks! Apologies--I don't kn0w how to PM here yet. I'm working with a local shop as I've never done a suspension lift before. They are recommending the Nisstec MK84 Extended Travel Lift Kit, 2". My stock Xterra Pro 4X's rear end is sagging, the hitch is too low, and the bumper stop sometimes hits the frame -- much to my dismay -- but I hear these are common Xterra problems. Plus I do a bit of 4x4 trails to get to backpacks, camping and hiking, so I hope this will do. Btw, you're rig looks totally cool.
If you do the extended travel MK84 you will need new upper control arms which is an additional cost. If you do the Old Man Emu Dakar Leaf packs in the rear and a rear shock they recommend (I assume a Bilstein) that should stop any bump stop problems you are having unless you carry hundreds of pounds of gear in the back of your X. Agreed with BCBrian, if you are not using the hitch get the rated recovery points and pull the hitch off. That will eliminate dragging

Amy DGO

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Durango, CO
First Name
Amy
Last Name
McClintock
Member #

If you do the extended travel MK84 you will need new upper control arms which is an additional cost. If you do the Old Man Emu Dakar Leaf packs in the rear and a rear shock they recommend (I assume a Bilstein) that should stop any bump stop problems you are having unless you carry hundreds of pounds of gear in the back of your X. Agreed with BCBrian, if you are not using the hitch get the rated recovery points and pull the hitch off. That will eliminate dragging
I met with the Nissan dealership to discuss the dragging back end. They report that there are no problems other than "normal" sag. I do a lot of mountain biking so leave the Northshore 4 bike rack on most of the time, and typically carry 2 bikes. Nissan says that'll make the rear sag -- annoying.

Here's the build we're considering:
Suspension lift: MK84, 2" (including rear leaf spring pack, rear shocks and adjustable front cam bolts)
Bumpers: Shrockworks steel rear with 2" receiver and recovery points, Hefty aluminum front w/ winch (probably Warn 8000lb synthetic line)
Armor: HeftyFab full skid plate package (aluminum), Nisstec rear shock skids, Shrockworks differential cover and rock sliders

Been following you, BCBrian and Maxterra -- really helpful!

Reactions: BCBrian

manualhydra27

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver
Member #

I met with the Nissan dealership to discuss the dragging back end. They report that there are no problems other than "normal" sag. I do a lot of mountain biking so leave the Northshore 4 bike rack on most of the time, and typically carry 2 bikes. Nissan says that'll make the rear sag -- annoying.

Here's the build we're considering:
Suspension lift: MK84, 2" (including rear leaf spring pack, rear shocks and adjustable front cam bolts)
Bumpers: Shrockworks steel rear with 2" receiver and recovery points, Hefty aluminum front w/ winch (probably Warn 8000lb synthetic line)
Armor: HeftyFab full skid plate package (aluminum), Nisstec rear shock skids, Shrockworks differential cover and rock sliders

Been following you, BCBrian and Maxterra -- really helpful!
That will be an awesome build! Post pictures as you build!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk