Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Winch is waiting on me buying a bumper. That’s something I’m still researching as far as weight. I don’t want to get into the suspension heavily. I want a C4 Fab or similar low profile bumper for the light bar and winch. Just don’t know how much all that weighs.
I'm assuming you have a Taco, take a look at the RRW hidden winch mount, mounts winch behind the fascia and is the lightest option. Something like this weights in at around 120-140lbs with winch.
I have a 2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro.

BayouOverlander

Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

A Warn VR10S weights around 65-70lbs, the mount is 40-50 lbs, about as light as it gets with that amount of pulling power. A full after market bumper weights a lot more but offers more light mounting options and protection.
I’m planning on a low profile C4. Granted I could go for the mount and winch only, but is that cost savvy if my long term plan is to install a low pro bumper? A bumper like the one pictured. Obviously not going this wild with a build though.

Attachments

Reactions: madcratebuilder

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Bought a 2022 TRD Pro 4Runner and I have a Westcott Rack on order, a Roam Vagabond Rooftop Tent, and my wife and I are wondering what is the next overlanding purchase we need to do.

Thought about a Garmin in reach, power station, molle panels, or front bumper with winch and lights.

As you can tell, most of these are costly and we could use some tips to navigate.

We have most items to camp because I had loads of backpack gear, but I want to start getting vehicle items.

What would be your picks?
Hey Grasshopper,

May we suggest rock sliders! We went the RSG

Attachments

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
A Warn VR10S weights around 65-70lbs, the mount is 40-50 lbs, about as light as it gets with that amount of pulling power. A full after market bumper weights a lot more but offers more light mounting options and protection.
I’m planning on a low profile C4. Granted I could go for the mount and winch only, but is that cost savvy if my long term plan is to install a low pro bumper? A bumper like the one pictured. Obviously not going this wild with a build though.
Grasshopper,
We choose the C4 low pro winch w light bar as well. Installation this weekend, had it powered coated.

Attachments

Reactions: BayouOverlander

Dandy Taylor

Rank V

Advocate II

Herriman, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
Dandy
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I've been debating this same thing in my head. Have a bed rack picked out, but then changed my mind and decided to go with sliders first. Likely will go with the RCI sliders. Seems like they're the best option for me with a Tacoma double cab and long bed.