HonuKai

Rank 0

Contributor I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
McGahuey
Hi, I'm Liana! I live in Caldwell, Idaho with my husband, @reaver, and our daughter, Kyra.

I just bought my very own rig, a 2002 Nissan Xterra named Blanche. We just went on her inaugural run from Melba, ID to Silver City, ID and we both did great! I've been able to get some practice in on a number of trails in Brian's vehicles, so I'm really excited to have new adventures in my very own!

Looking forward to learning from everyone here and becoming a better overlander.

IMG_20230826_151004.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Liana! I live in Caldwell, Idaho with my husband, @reaver, and our daughter, Kyra.

I just bought my very own rig, a 2002 Nissan Xterra named Blanche. We just went on her inaugural run from Melba, ID to Silver City, ID and we both did great! I've been able to get some practice in on a number of trails in Brian's vehicles, so I'm really excited to have new adventures in my very own!

Looking forward to learning from everyone here and becoming a better overlander.

View attachment 265473
Welcome To Overland Bound Liana
We just drove through Caldwell on our way back from Continental Divide, that place is growing fast.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

View attachment 265473
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

Reactions: HonuKai

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 265473
Hello Liana, welcome to Overland Bound.

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@HonuKai Welcome to OB1! You'll find (if you haven't already) that the community here is generally quite helpful, and quick to discourage bad ideas.

Nice choice of vehicle. The XTerra is a very capable machine without modification. Always sort of hoped I might own one of those.

Does yours have a limited-slip or lockable differential?

HonuKai

Rank 0

Contributor I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
McGahuey
@HonuKai Welcome to OB1! You'll find (if you haven't already) that the community here is generally quite helpful, and quick to discourage bad ideas.

Nice choice of vehicle. The XTerra is a very capable machine without modification. Always sort of hoped I might own one of those.

Does yours have a limited-slip or lockable differential?
First things first: I'm learning about my vehicle like I'm a 5-year-old - zero prior knowledge of any of the inner workings of any vehicle, much less one used almost solely for off-road travel.

I took some time to learn about the different kinds of differentials today and have consulted with @reaver on this. It is either an open differential or an LSD - until we run a test, the consensus is that we're leaning more toward it being an open diff. More will be revealed.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to the forums, and the addiction. But unlike @DintDobbs, I do sometimes encourage bad ideas... but always encourage safety. No Reeses bombs and driving.
Even better safety tip - No Reese's Bombs EVER.
But they are so good... I may need to get some for this weekend. Nothing better than post hunt reeses bombs around a camp fire

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@HonuKai We've all been there! Thankfully, you have three major advantages.

1. Reaver.

2. Reaver's personal experience with and knowledge of this vehicle.

3. A very popular older vehicle with plenty of parts available and shared between models.

• Haha
Reactions: reaver

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 265473
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Love the x-terra! - Welcome and looking forward to seeing you down the trail! -
If you have any questions, ideas or just want to vent about something feel free to reach out!