Rank I

Contributor III

Ohio, USA
First Name
kyle
Last Name
simpson
Member #

Good morning everyone and thank you for letting me be apart of this community. I've been interested in the overlandong experience for a few years now, seen some interesting builds and rigs out there over the last 3 years. I'm finally getting into a position financially to be able to pursue one of my ever growing interest into overlanding.

I currently do not have a rig for overlanding just yet and have been interested in doing my own thing. My wife and I love to go camping and to be out in nature. Over the last few years we haven't been able to camp much as she's been busy the last few years going for her bsn and I have been focused on growing my landscaping business and like previously stated I'm getting to the point where I'm financially able to build my trailer and rig while making sure bills are paid and debt is gone. But now that we have our child we want him to grow up having great memories camping and going out into the wild and having fun all at the same time.

I have an idea for a trailer build I'd love to do and already have the enclosed trailer I'd like to use for my build. It's an enclosed trailer I grew out of with my landscaping company and it's just been sitting in my backyard for the last year unused. It's paid off and I hate to sell my things hence why I have 4 different trailers in my backyard lol.

I have a Stealth 6x10x6'7" enclosed trailer that I'd like to covert to an overland trailer. I don't want to do the normal conversion of an enclosed trailer to a camper, everyone to some degree has done that and it's cool and unique to each person's taste, styles, wants & needs. I'm wanting to do a roof top tent camper build as I don't see very many of these floating around in the wild. The ones I have seen I haven't been able to get much information on them or how they did they're builds, so I'm kind of winging it.

If you have a build out of this style or know of some on here I'd love to pick your brains and get to see some pics of your builds.

But that should be enough for now and hope to get to continue this build and journey with you guys.

Forgot to add this. I'm located in southwestern Ohio and my build will mostly be built around for camping with some of the creature comforts of home.

Thanks again everyone and hope to chat with you all soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning everyone and thank you for letting me be apart of this community. I've been interested in the overlandong experience for a few years now, seen some interesting builds and rigs out there over the last 3 years. I'm finally getting into a position financially to be able to pursue one of my ever growing interest into overlanding.

I currently do not have a rig for overlanding just yet and have been interested in doing my own thing. My wife and I love to go camping and to be out in nature. Over the last few years we haven't been able to camp much as she's been busy the last few years going for her bsn and I have been focused on growing my landscaping business and like previously stated I'm getting to the point where I'm financially able to build my trailer and rig while making sure bills are paid and debt is gone. But now that we have our child we want him to grow up having great memories camping and going out into the wild and having fun all at the same time.

I have an idea for a trailer build I'd love to do and already have the enclosed trailer I'd like to use for my build. It's an enclosed trailer I grew out of with my landscaping company and it's just been sitting in my backyard for the last year unused. It's paid off and I hate to sell my things hence why I have 4 different trailers in my backyard lol.

I have a Stealth 6x10x6'7" enclosed trailer that I'd like to covert to an overland trailer. I don't want to do the normal conversion of an enclosed trailer to a camper, everyone to some degree has done that and it's cool and unique to each person's taste, styles, wants & needs. I'm wanting to do a roof top tent camper build as I don't see very many of these floating around in the wild. The ones I have seen I haven't been able to get much information on them or how they did they're builds, so I'm kind of winging it.

If you have a build out of this style or know of some on here I'd love to pick your brains and get to see some pics of your builds.

But that should be enough for now and hope to get to continue this build and journey with you guys.

Forgot to add this. I'm located in southwestern Ohio and my build will mostly be built around for camping with some of the creature comforts of home.

Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the overland bound community. Glad to have you join us.

NieveHopkins

Rank I

Contributor III

USA
First Name
Nieve
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

I currently do not have a rig for overlanding just yet and have been interested in doing my own thing. My wife and I love to go camping and to be out in nature. Over the last few years we haven't been able to camp much as she's been busy the last few years going for her bsn and I have been focused on growing my landscaping business and like previously stated I'm getting to the point where I'm financially able to build my trailer and rig while making sure bills are paid and debt is gone but I am still need $2000 fast. But now that we have our child we want him to grow up having great memories camping and going out into the wild and having fun all at the same time.

Good morning and welcome to the community! It's fantastic to hear about your interest in overlanding and your plans to embark on this exciting journey with your family.

Your vision for converting your enclosed trailer into a roof top tent camper for overlanding sounds like a unique and thrilling project. It's understandable that you want to create something that reflects your own style and preferences rather than following the conventional camper conversions.

Building memories with your family in the great outdoors is truly priceless, and it's wonderful that you're making it a priority for your child to experience the joys of camping and exploring nature.

While roof top tent camper builds might not be as common, they certainly offer a sense of adventure and flexibility that many enthusiasts appreciate. It's great that you're willing to explore and innovate with your build, and I'm sure many in the community will be eager to share their experiences and insights with you.

Given your location in southwestern Ohio, you'll likely have a variety of terrains and landscapes to explore, making your overlanding adventures even more diverse and exciting.

Feel free to keep us updated on your progress, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need advice along the way. Wishing you all the best with your build and future adventures!

Last edited: