Contributor I

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Roberg
Member #

Hey all,
I'm super new to forums, never really had much downtime in my life I work a really demanding job plus don't like to stay inside for to long. Would someone be nice enough to give me the run down? I have a lot to learn about overlanding and four wheeling in general and would like to start planning rig modifications, so I'm gonna need to learn this stuff soon! Thanks

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Pick a topic and start asking questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Welcome Jacob,

Once things allow for group gatherings again, I'd suggest finding your local OB Chapter and attending their monthly meetings. It was super helpful for me when I first got into this & the folks I met were more than happy to show me around their rigs and to share their knowledge.

Ogden88

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Roberg
Member #

I work in healthcare in AZ, COVID isn’t going anywhere for a long time! Maybe I’ll make a new thread for suggestions, thanks!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Looks like you have a pretty capable rig even stock. The rig mods depend on what you want to do. Best bet wait til you find a short fall with what your rig does and ask a specific question.

On the forum thing...... you will find.... this is worse than getting drunk in a back alley. Expect honest sincerity and gross incompetence. You will need to decide who to believe.

The best planning if you are overlanding says start overlanding. You'll need sleeping, food storage, and ??? You got a great truck. Just drive.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,
I'm super new to forums, never really had much downtime in my life I work a really demanding job plus don't like to stay inside for to long. Would someone be nice enough to give me the run down? I have a lot to learn about overlanding and four wheeling in general and would like to start planning rig modifications, so I'm gonna need to learn this stuff soon! Thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. Brien can also get you in touch with the local meet-up if your interested.
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course