Rank 0

Contributor II

USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Web
Hello Community!

I'm new to the forums and overlanding. I’ve started the beginning process of getting different equipment/accessories for my truck.

My truck is a 2017 RAM 1500 with a Yakima Outpost HD on the diamondback tonneau cover. I would like to start off with getting an awning first, then molle panels, and finally a tent.

My question for you all is what brand and/or awning cover do you recommend? Is it better to go with a hardcover vs softcover? Will most awning covers fit the on the Yakima Outpost HD bed racks?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

CP

nomaad.pdx

Rank 0

Contributor II

PNW
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Simon
I believe 23Zero has the nicest wall system on a 270. I own the awning and still asessing whether i want walls, but the 23Zero walls have roll up doors with screens and other similarly rated awnings do not.

WYWander

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSDA676
I use Ironman 4x4's 270 degree awning. It seems good enough. It takes practice to effectively package it up. The wall kit is handy, with a door and screened windows. It doesn't get completely walled off though. The front edge, where the convertible roof/wall part is doesn't have velcro to make it part of the wall. And then the backside has a small opening off the side that's not walled. I think it's pretty typical though.

Ironman 4x4 270 awning

As for attachment, I'm not sure, but their customer service is ok at responding. You will want to ask the manufacturer about what it can be mounted to before buying anything.