Mount Pleasant, Racine County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9RCO
Hey everyone, total noob here. For the past few years I've been researching the whole vanlife and skoolie lifestyles and while I'm not quite ready to take that leap, my love of projects has brought me to overlanding. Starting in about October of 2020 I started to work on my 2015 Forester that we've had since new. I also picked up my GMRS and HAM license along with some camping gear. Just last week I did my first weekend trip with a big group in the Nicolet National Forest. We camped 2 nights and hit some trails. Both of which were a first for me. Despite the on and off rain and temperatures in the low 40's my kids and I had a good time. I look forward to many more adventures!

IMG_20210411_231246_481.jpg

IMG_20210419_184616_884.jpg

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Very cool! For me it's not about gear or a look, it's about getting out there. I travel solo or with a 1 other rig 90% of the time but I come from generations of campers and explorers. It looks like you got the basics for a great time. Grab the family and go do stuff, we all learn from our mistakes, we all make them.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, total noob here. For the past few years I've been researching the whole vanlife and skoolie lifestyles and while I'm not quite ready to take that leap, my love of projects has brought me to overlanding. Starting in about October of 2020 I started to work on my 2015 Forester that we've had since new. I also picked up my GMRS and HAM license along with some camping gear. Just last week I did my first weekend trip with a big group in the Nicolet National Forest. We camped 2 nights and hit some trails. Both of which were a first for me. Despite the on and off rain and temperatures in the low 40's my kids and I had a good time. I look forward to many more adventures!

View attachment 195575

View attachment 195576
Welcome to Overland Bound
Looks like you have a great setup.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Enthusiast I

Mount Pleasant, Racine County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9RCO
Thanks for all the info!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Looks like you have a great setup.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

MichaelGX470

Rank I

Enthusiast I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hedden
Welcome Andy! Thanks for sharing bit of your journey and phots along the way. The Subaru looks great and glad you all had a great time. Keep it going. -Michael