New Runaway Rangerunner

• HTML tutorial

Harvey Macy

Rank I

Contributor II

Hello everyone we just picked up our Runaway Rangerunner Camping trailer. We are so excited to get out and start enjoying Mother Nature again. We want to start in the Florida State Parks and possibly some National Parks and preserves in the area. From there we wish to go expand to all areas of Florida then decide from there. First we are in the process of outfitting the Runaway and would like any suggestions on bed types, awnings, lighting etc. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We were tent campers years ago but haven't camp like that since about 2002. Also we would like to name our Runaway our theme is Living our Florida Dream, if you have suggestions we'd love to hear them. See you down the road.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
we have a similar style camp trailer and out of everything we bought for it, the memory foam mattress was probably the best purchase. no mater what, its always better with a good comfortable nights sleep

Reactions: 9Mike2

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hello everyone we just picked up our Runaway Rangerunner Camping trailer. We are so excited to get out and start enjoying Mother Nature again. We want to start in the Florida State Parks and possibly some National Parks and preserves in the area. From there we wish to go expand to all areas of Florida then decide from there. First we are in the process of outfitting the Runaway and would like any suggestions on bed types, awnings, lighting etc. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We were tent campers years ago but haven't camp like that since about 2002. Also we would like to name our Runaway our theme is Living our Florida Dream, if you have suggestions we'd love to hear them. See you down the road.
Harvey: who are you, who is "we" you mentioned tent camping. What are you trying to do? Weekend overlanding, prepare for retirement, take the family out to nature??? The runaway rangerunner looks like a good start.

MarthaBurch

Rank I

Contributor III

1908 Patterson Fork Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
First Name
Martha
Last Name
Burch

Keep us updating. I'm a student at a school, and I'm trying to discover a reputable website that can write essays for me online, but I can't seem to find one. However, when I was looking on the internet, I found a website that assisted me in writing my essay: visit site. I can tell from this website that the essay writing service is absolutely top-notch. You may also go to this website and easily write an essay that is written correctly.
Keep us updating.

Last edited:

Harvey Macy

Rank I

Contributor II

Hi everyone, Harvey here just to introduce myself a little and explain what's going on and an update as to what is happening. I am a retired disabled veteran, police officer, and Secret Service investigative assistant who currently resides in Florida. My lovely wife and I used to tent camp for many years until we were caught ina Noreaster storm in Queens, MD. since then we quit camping and gave away the tent and other camping things. After moving to Florida in the summer of 2020 I came across YouTube videos deplicting small teardrop campers and became very interested in them. Eventually I saw videos of Runaway Campers and started to watch them and other teardrop camping videos. I finally convinced my lovely wife to give camping another try and showed her the Runaway videos. Finally after months of persuasion, she agreed to getting a Runaway and to get back t camping which we really both loved to do. So we ordered and picked up our Runaway after a six month lead time. Now we are making it our own. Thus far we are putting in a foam mat type floor that is Grey Slate in color, we have purchased a shelving cabinet with 8 baskets and are going to use that under the A/C for storage. We have on order an ARB Awning and a clam screen tent. Thank you Martha Burch and Advtres for the mattress recommendation we are looking getting the queen size and a possible wooden base that folds up for it. So that is where we are currently. Our plans are to travel through Florida and stay at state parks, National Parks and Preserves. We are looking at possibly traveling to Georgia, Alabama, Virginia, and Maryland to see family and long time friends. After that we haven't discussed traveling else where but I believe we are open to seeing other places. Things are always open. Thank all of you that reached out hope to see you down the road.

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

Try to keep it simple. The less systems, the better. Especially way up here where one worries about freezing. We use our teardrop all year long and are ready to take a 3 week trip in it next month.
I have the Rino Rack Batwing awning. It's nice. You'll get the poles out, but never get it back in. We didn't even try. I also have sidewalls for mine. Worth every penny.
I have the Yakima Road Shower, which I really like. When it's too cold, I heat water on the stove an d a wash rag.
Mine takes a queen mattress, which takes up all the room, so I have an actual mattress in mine. Take note that the little teardrops often have condensation issues. So make sure you have air space under that mattress. There's info online about it, YT videos too.
For lighting outside, I just use Nite Ize Radiant 314 rechargable lanterns. They rock!
20221007_140205.jpg20221007_131558.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Harvey Macy