Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Since the software update, I have a new PM in my inbox dated 12/31/1969 with no sender or content. It is shown as locked. I can't mark it as read, and I can't delete (leave) the PM. So it shows up as a new notification all of the time.

Also, it looks like the prefixes for classifieds got added to the support forum. ;)

Thanks

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Michael, I don't know if your admin tool can get in and delete the bogus PM in my inbox. It is still flagged as new, and get disappointed when I log in all excited to see new messages, only to find it is still the weird upgrade artifact. Thanks. :)

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Steve, you should be able to "leave" the conversation, and then ignore future replies.
Yeah, I know how to do that. This one has no sender, no body, and can't be opened. It says it can't be found. It is dated December 31, 1969 AND October 18, 2016. It showed up right after the update. It's had the Inbox flag in the header indicating one message since early March that won't go away.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

The same Dec. 31, 1969 one is in my inbox as well. I was only 4 months old at the time, so I hardly could be expected to remember that conversation. When I clock on it, I get the "oops, we've run into a problem" reply. Can't delete it or act on it otherwise.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thanks guys. I'll report this to developers.
Thanks. Chris reported it to the developers three weeks ago, but nothing's fixed yet. That's why I thought you might be able to go in and delete it from your end.

You can edit the forum prefixes in the admin panel to remove the "for sale" option under support, though. ;)

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Since the software update, I have a new PM in my inbox dated 12/31/1969 with no sender or content. It is shown as locked. I can't mark it as read, and I can't delete (leave) the PM. So it shows up as a new notification all of the time.

Also, it looks like the prefixes for classifieds got added to the support forum. ;)

Thanks

View attachment 88437
sharing this post with developers.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Michael The "new message" flag for this is now thankfully gone! The null message is still in my inbox, but that's not bothersome. Tell the developers thanks for at least getting rid of the flag for me!

I changed the status of this report from "For Sale" to "Sold", since the wrong prefixes are in this forum. ;)

Thank you,
Steve

Reactions: Michael
Status
Not open for further replies.