Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Welcome,
If there is any need for trips and event out of Germany, just let me know. In our "OB Friends" group we do have several couples from the USA.
We do like every month a trip and several meeting/trip events during this year.
Just watch all the Rally Ponts.

Greetings from the Netherland

A_l-1028

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Guten tag everyone,

We moved to Germany in September and today I met Rick Vouth? On base. He encouraged me to participate in the forums out here and I'm quite surprised to see so many members out here.

I'll be looking forward to meet some of you at upcoming events.
Hi Alex,

Great meeting you today. Look forward to catching you at one of the meets this year. Hope to see you around base. We have a few members in our area so maybe a Saturday Rigs & Coffee meetup one day.

Best regards,
Rick
This would be great! We have mostly been doing spontaneous trips but Europe is much more different than what we are used to so the exploring has been limited to castles and amusement parks. I know Europe has more to offer, right? Lol

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Alex,

Great meeting you today. Look forward to catching you at one of the meets this year. Hope to see you around base. We have a few members in our area so maybe a Saturday Rigs & Coffee meetup one day.

Best regards,
Rick
Yessss, a spontaneous rigs n coffee meetup is a great idea, Rick!

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Hello all,

My name is Frans, and I live in The Netherlands. 4 years ago I bought a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7, since then I generally spend my holidays on bumpy tracks, camping in remote areas as much as I can.

My next trip will be to either Slovenia or Sweden - can't seem to make up my mind so far.

XL-7 - Assietta Kammstrasse.jpgXL-7 - Rialp-Esport.JPGXL-7 - Valle Argentera.JPG

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all,

My name is Frans, and I live in The Netherlands. 4 years ago I bought a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7, since then I generally spend my holidays on bumpy tracks, camping in remote areas as much as I can.

My next trip will be to either Slovenia or Sweden - can't seem to make up my mind so far.

View attachment 263718View attachment 263719View attachment 263720
Hi Frans,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Look around here and you will find plenty of good information regarding overlanding. Also look at the upcoming meetups under Rally Points and attend if you like. For preperation of your trips you will find plenty of POIs on thw OB map.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Always happy to help.

Bjoern - currently on the road to Wales in the UK

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Thanks Bjoern!

I do have questions about Slovenia, but with the current floods this is probably not the right time to go there.

Hope to read about your experiences in Wales on your website. I’d like to go to the UK myself, but judging by what I’ve seen on Youtube, greenlaning in the UK often requires better ground clearance than my vehicle has.

Have a great trip!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks Bjoern!

I do have questions about Slovenia, but with the current floods this is probably not the right time to go there.

Hope to read about your experiences in Wales on your website. I’d like to go to the UK myself, but judging by what I’ve seen on Youtube, greenlaning in the UK often requires better ground clearance than my vehicle has.

Have a great trip!
@Lupus_ravus is on the road in Austria/ Slovenia currently. I guess Yjan could give you some actual information on the current situation.

In general, Slowenia is a beautiful area to travel. A lot to see.

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Hi Yjan,

Thanks for tuning in. I’d be very interested to hear about your findings on driving on unpaved tracks in Slovenia. Are there many possibilities to legally do so? Is it legal (or tolerated) to camp in the wild?

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

Hi Yjan,

Thanks for tuning in. I’d be very interested to hear about your findings on driving on unpaved tracks in Slovenia. Are there many possibilities to legally do so? Is it legal (or tolerated) to camp in the wild?
I haven’t camp in the wild … not taken the risk .. if you ask farmers it can be ok .. and there’s hunting going on and I have a dog ..
Grts
Yjan