Rank I

Enthusiast I

Santa Barbara, CA USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
C
Hey all,

I did the intro a couple weeks back in the main "new member" forum, but I think there is such a flood of new people every day, that it just kinda gets lost. Hoping to find others with similar interests in my area.

I'm an avid hunter & fisherman (fresh and salt) and while not a ROF, I'm done raising kids, have my own business, and my wife likes it when I leave for 4 or 5 days at a time. :-)

Always looking for opportunities to meet new people and explore the areas within a 4 to 6-hour drive of Santa Barbara,CA (which is a LOT of territory!). Hoping to find some folks to do a Death Valley and/or Anza Borrego trip this winter. Right now is "off season" for both hunting and fishing, so I am in "explore/scout" mode!

I have a 4-door Jeep Rubicon with the rear seats removed, and I'm slowing converting it to be "perfect" for my needs (if there is such a thing). Working on a DIY rear deck system...

I'm on a couple of Jeep/overland related forums, but I have to admit I'm still figuring this one out - there seem to be a LOT of different forums and sub-forums! Looking forward to figuring this one out and meeting some of you both online and in person.

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all,

I did the intro a couple weeks back in the main "new member" forum, but I think there is such a flood of new people every day, that it just kinda gets lost. Hoping to find others with similar interests in my area.

I'm an avid hunter & fisherman (fresh and salt) and while not a ROF, I'm done raising kids, have my own business, and my wife likes it when I leave for 4 or 5 days at a time. :-)

Always looking for opportunities to meet new people and explore the areas within a 4 to 6-hour drive of Santa Barbara,CA (which is a LOT of territory!). Hoping to find some folks to do a Death Valley and/or Anza Borrego trip this winter. Right now is "off season" for both hunting and fishing, so I am in "explore/scout" mode!

I have a 4-door Jeep Rubicon with the rear seats removed, and I'm slowing converting it to be "perfect" for my needs (if there is such a thing). Working on a DIY rear deck system...

I'm on a couple of Jeep/overland related forums, but I have to admit I'm still figuring this one out - there seem to be a LOT of different forums and sub-forums! Looking forward to figuring this one out and meeting some of you both online and in person.

Hey Brent, I don't know if I saw your previous post or not, but welcome to the OB community. Being originally from So.Cal I've been to SB a few times and even spent my honeymoon there. Love that area although I'm sure it's a lot different than it was nearly 48 years ago. I'm sure you will make some good connections through these forums and will start making memories with a new group of friends.

Reactions: sbsyncro

sbsyncro

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Santa Barbara, CA USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
C
Hey Brent, I don't know if I saw your previous post or not, but welcome to the OB community. Being originally from So.Cal I've been to SB a few times and even spent my honeymoon there. Love that area although I'm sure it's a lot different than it was nearly 48 years ago. I'm sure you will make some good connections through these forums and will start making memories with a new group of friends.
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it has changed a lot in the 30 years I've been here (not all for the better, unfortunately) but still a great jumping off spot for a lot of adventures!

Reactions: Big G