Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Chris here, new to the site!

I'm 35, 4 kiddos (all boys) and hit a stage in my life while deployed recently where I couldn't stop thinking about traveling more, off the beaten path sort of stuff. Anyway, purchased a 2015 xterra pro-4X and looking forward to what's ahead.

Rig is fairly stock at the moment minus a drop in roof rack, and some line-x on all the plastic trim. Upcoming additions will likely be a small lift, ARB awning and some more camping gear.

Thanks,
-Chris
Some pics from White Sands Missile Range while there for medical coverage.IMG_9087.jpg
View attachment 28872View attachment 28872IMG_9084.jpg

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Welcome to the community! Wish they would have continued the Xterras, they are great vehicles! Good luck on your adventures!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Welcome from Albuquerque! The Xterra will serve you well in your travels, they are great trucks.

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Welcome to the community! Wish they would have continued the Xterras, they are great vehicles! Good luck on your adventures!
Thanks, I'm still figuring her out and deciding what I need vs what I want.

Welcome from Albuquerque! The Xterra will serve you well in your travels, they are great trucks.
Thanks, I'm actually looking into an overland route from Albuquergue to the Grand Canyon. I believe I saw an article on here about someone else doing this.

-Chris

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Thanks, I'm still figuring her out and deciding what I need vs what I want.

Thanks, I'm actually looking into an overland route from Albuquergue to the Grand Canyon. I believe I saw an article on here about someone else doing this.

-Chris
That sounds like a fun trip! I'll have to look into it. I'll let you know if I find anything.

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

That sounds like a fun trip! I'll have to look into it. I'll let you know if I find anything.
The route was actually from Austin to the Grand Canyon but I figured I'd start at the Albuquerque point. Although I'm still so new to this and it's becoming more and more clear how much planning will be needed to pull this off.

Just discovered the how-to on making trail maps with google earth so I'll likely start there and hopefully piece something together!

Reactions: DanR

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Good to know. The trail maps with Google is cool, I need to play around with it myself.