Adriaanvn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lierneux, Belgium
First Name
Adriaan
Last Name
vanNijendaal
Hi there! I'm new to this forum, not quite as new to overlanding: been around on a motorcycle and in a Land Cruiser with a roof top tent, most recently in both South and North America. I'm happy to answer any questions or offer my help to people that could benefit for our experiences.

We're currently preparing an Africa trip, but haven't decided between starting in Europe / Morocco or ship the vehicle to Cape Town. I'm not looking forward to crossing deserts populated by people who think of European-looking people as 'haram' (not in a state of purity) and act accordingly.

We're avid iOverlanders users since we found them in 2018 - maybe to the point we did not look any further. So, kind of curious if Overland Bound would do things different or better. This forum is one thing iOverlander does not have, for starters.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there! I'm new to this forum, not quite as new to overlanding: been around on a motorcycle and in a Land Cruiser with a roof top tent, most recently in both South and North America. I'm happy to answer any questions or offer my help to people that could benefit for our experiences.

We're currently preparing an Africa trip, but haven't decided between starting in Europe / Morocco or ship the vehicle to Cape Town. I'm not looking forward to crossing deserts populated by people who think of European-looking people as 'haram' (not in a state of purity) and act accordingly.

We're avid iOverlanders users since we found them in 2018 - maybe to the point we did not look any further. So, kind of curious if Overland Bound would do things different or better. This forum is one thing iOverlander does not have, for starters.
Welcome To Overland Bound
A great contact is our Mid Europe Ambassador Bjoern @El-Dracho. You might also make contact with our Ambassador in Africa Christoff @Get Out GO.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Welcome Adriaan!

The East African route is a no-go at the moment obviously but West is still doable, I know of two parties that just successfully crossed that way.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Adriaan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

My name is Bjoern and I am one of the European Ambassadors for Overland Bound. Good local contacts in Belgium with a lot of knowledge of overlanding in Europe are @Lupus_ravus and @GeoCampers #4771
As already mentioned by @Kent R
Christoff @Get Out GO who replied here already is always happy to help regarding trips in Africa.

Look around here at the foruns and you'll find plenty of good information about overlanding around the world. In the regional subforums you will also find a lot of information about trips in Europe or Africa. Check the map for POIs and please take a look at the Rally Points for planned meetups. There you can filter by region, e.g. Mid Europe for the Belgium.

If you have any questions please ask. I am always happy to help.

Greetings from Germany,
Bjoern

Reactions: Lupus_ravus

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

Welcome..!!..
Where are you from .?..
I’m Belgium..

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi,

Welcome to OB from us in France

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

Hi Adriaan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

My name is Bjoern and I am one of the European Ambassadors for Overland Bound. Good local contacts in Belgium with a lot of knowledge of overlanding in Europe are @Lupus_ravus and @GeoCampers #4771
As already mentioned by @Kent R
Christoff @Get Out GO who replied here already is always happy to help regarding trips in Africa.

Look around here at the foruns and you'll find plenty of good information about overlanding around the world. In the regional subforums you will also find a lot of information about trips in Europe or Africa. Check the map for POIs and please take a look at the Rally Points for planned meetups. There you can filter by region, e.g. Mid Europe for the Belgium.

If you have any questions please ask. I am always happy to help.

Greetings from Germany,
Bjoern
Welcome to the community… hope to meet up soon
Grts Yjan