Investor

Contributor III

Saudi Arabia
First Name
Hani
Last Name
Ukayli
Member #

How are y’all doing??!!! I know I sound a bit over excited but who cares! I am new to this, 4 weeks only, and already spent half my savings on building a rig and driving across the empty quarter in Saudi Arabia!! It was all about the deep seas for me before, but now I found out there is as much dopamine on terra firma!!

Rig: 2021 Gladiator
Good to know about me: certified master diver (which means I am EFR certified), I travel a lot (I know how to pack light), married with two wonderful girls (meaning in need to escape reality very often).

My name is Hani, but my kids and their friends call me Bob Kabob, feel free to call me anything as long as your intentions are good ;)

Outlandish_Mits

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

North Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hampton
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
How are y’all doing??!!! I know I sound a bit over excited but who cares! I am new to this, 4 weeks only, and already spent half my savings on building a rig and driving across the empty quarter in Saudi Arabia!! It was all about the deep seas for me before, but now I found out there is as much dopamine on terra firma!!

Good to know about me: certified master diver (which means I am EFR certified), I travel a lot (I know how to pack light), married with two wonderful girls (meaning in need to escape reality very often).

My name is Hani, but my kids and their friends call me Bob Kabob, feel free to call me anything as long as your intentions are good ;)
Welcome to the OB community

Reactions: okailyhm

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Hani
Good choice of rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. A great local resource for you is @Gal
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: okailyhm and Gal

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Hans, welcome to Overland Bound.

okailyhm

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Saudi Arabia
First Name
Hani
Last Name
Ukayli
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Hani
Good choice of rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. A great local resource for you is @Gal
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks for the welcome and direction, Kent. Will take you up on the offer and reach out when I have any questions.

okailyhm

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Saudi Arabia
First Name
Hani
Last Name
Ukayli
Member #

Welcome Hani,
Would be fantastic to try to meet up in Jordan for some overlanding. I have three young boys so we can also plan a family trip.
Let’s do that!!! I have a friend from Jordan who keeps telling about wadi Rum and the dunes there. I’m game man, let’s start planning!!

okailyhm

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Saudi Arabia
First Name
Hani
Last Name
Ukayli
Member #

Hello Hans, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks for the welcome! And stay freaky!!!

MrWright

Rank VI

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps

Bob Kabob,
Welcome to the site brother! Throw up a few pictures of your rig and some of you diving. I’ve done a little scuba diving myself and I am a retired paramedic here in Colorado, USA.

Reactions: MadMedic

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
Bob Kabob,
Welcome to the site brother! Throw up a few pictures of your rig and some of you diving. I’ve done a little scuba diving myself and I am a retired paramedic here in Colorado, USA.
This group is awesome, so many people with common grounds.
Bob Kabob, welcome, I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your adventures. Maybe one day our paths will cross in the open water haha. I have my Public Safety Rescue Diver Cert, but the diving we do is in nasty waters. I did get to go diving in Belize and Cayman Islands on vacation once, sooooo much nicer than the black waters of my area looking for bodies.

Mr. Wright, TYFYS :-D One of my co-workers was a Coloradoian, left us here in Virginia to go back to be a Paramedic there. I'm a current Paramedic in Virginia, assigned to the suppression division now but still get detailed to the medic units frequently. Luckily Ive been on the fire side all week and caught 2 structure fires this tour.

okailyhm

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Saudi Arabia
First Name
Hani
Last Name
Ukayli
Member #

Bob Kabob,
I went to school at CSU Ft. Collins in the late 90’s, right before the flood. I’m new to this platform so I’ll give the pics a try and see what happens. I’ll need to dig into my drives for diving photos. These are all from my last trip to the EQ. Out in the middle of no where and at night some guy drives up to us to offer us canoe milk (pic of me with blue jug).

Attachments

okailyhm

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Saudi Arabia
First Name
Hani
Last Name
Ukayli
Member #

Bob Kabob,
@MadMedic

Reactions: MadMedic

MrWright

Rank VI

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
I went to school at CSU Ft. Collins in the late 90’s, right before the flood. I’m new to this platform so I’ll give the pics a try and see what happens. I’ll need to dig into my drives for diving photos. These are all from my last trip to the EQ. Out in the middle of no where and at night some guy drives up to us to offer us canoe milk (pic of me with blue jug).
Those are great pictures. Check out the "ShiftPod3." It is an awesome tent and I really think you will love it.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.