Enthusiast II

Alcester UK
First Name
vaughan
Last Name
southall
Member #

Hi
We live in the UK near to Stratford upon Avon. We have a VW T4 fixed High top campervan 1996 with a non turbo 5 cylinder 2.4 diesel. We travel around Scotland and Wales with our dog ( Elsie)
20190923_133042.jpg
This is our second T4 and I'm currently modifying it to suit our needs as our budget allows. I'm looking forward to reading about various trips and post about some of our travels.

Attachments

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Welcome from Norway, a non turbo T4 sounds painfully slow, I'm actually looking to buy a T4 or T5 tdi myself in a few months.

Driftwood Adventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alcester UK
First Name
vaughan
Last Name
southall
Member #

Welcome from Norway, a non turbo T4 sounds painfully slow, I'm actually looking to buy a T4 or T5 tdi myself in a few months.
Hi. It's certainly not a racing machine, but for low down tractor like grunt it's a winner. :) It will however cruise at 70mph on the motorway, just takes it's time to get there. ha ha. I think i read somewhere that the army other there were selling on their T4 syncro's. That would make a good project.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi
We live in the UK near to Stratford upon Avon. We have a VW T4 fixed High top campervan 1996 with a non turbo 5 cylinder 2.4 diesel. We travel around Scotland and Wales with our dog ( Elsie)
View attachment 125616
This is our second T4 and I'm currently modifying it to suit our needs as our budget allows. I'm looking forward to reading about various trips and post about some of our travels.
Welcome and look forward to hopefully meeting up on the road. Stratford is handy for the Adventure Overland Show which this year we have made an effort to get a number of members together for the show.
We have a number of trips up here in Scotland including a New Year NC500 Trip or NY500 as we are calling it. Your are more than welcome to join us.
Keep an eye on Rally Pointy for future trips and feel free to join the OB West Europe FB page.
@professorpool is your closest member rep and he arranges trips throughout the year so reach out to him for local support and you can contact me anytime if you have any issues OB related.
Next time you are up in Scotland let us know as we have a very active membership up here meeting up most weekends throughout the year.

Reactions: Driftwood Adventure

Driftwood Adventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alcester UK
First Name
vaughan
Last Name
southall
Member #

Welcome and look forward to hopefully meeting up on the road. Stratford is handy for the Adventure Overland Show which this year we have made an effort to get a number of members together for the show.
We have a number of trips up here in Scotland including a New Year NC500 Trip or NY500 as we are calling it. Your are more than welcome to join us.
Keep an eye on Rally Pointy for future trips and feel free to join the OB West Europe FB page.
@professorpool is your closest member rep and he arranges trips throughout the year so reach out to him for local support and you can contact me anytime if you have any issues OB related.
Next time you are up in Scotland let us know as we have a very active membership up here meeting up most weekends throughout the year.
Thank you for the welcome. We did the NC500 a few years ago in the autumn to avoid the dreaded midges. As a winter trip it sound interesting, not sure my VW is suitably equiped yet for a snow trip. I'm gradually preparing it for the colder climates as our dream destination is Sweden and Norway.

Reactions: Polaris Overland