dgc357

Rank I

Contributor II

Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Gregg
Hello all. I'm new here from Sonoma County, California. Looking forward to attending some meet ups and trips in my 1999 Chevy K1500. I've had this truck nearly 20 years and have put a decent amount of work into it over the years.

Swapped out the automatic trans for a 5 speed w/ granny low (NV4500) and just dropped a brand new GM L31 V8 into her this past month. Just put dual Odyssey batteries and a winch on, and after years of searching, finally found a color matching camper shell in decent shape for the right price and build out a simple sleeper set up. Yea, the paint sucks, but that makes it a lot less painful going through heavy brush. Looking forward to may more years of outdoor travel and adventure.

Put my name down as first on the list to buy a 2014 GX 460 that may work my be getting rid of, so I'll likely be building that out sometime over the next couple years.

75274CE7-BDAC-4684-820B-26C65D2A7F86.jpeg
9B3C1414-A063-4277-ACCE-0C7D3F91E8EC.jpeg

Last edited:

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Hello all. I'm new here from Sonoma County, California. Looking forward to attending some meet ups and trips in my 1999 Chevy K1500. I've had this truck nearly 20 years and have put a decent amount of work into it over the years.

Swapped out the automatic trans for a 5 speed w/ granny low (NV4500) and just dropped a brand new GM L31 V8 into her this past month. Just put dual Odyssey batteries and a winch on, and after years of searching, finally found a color matching camper shell in decent shape for the right price and build out a simple sleeper set up. Yea, the paint sucks, but that makes it a lot less painful going through heavy brush. Looking forward to may more years of outdoor travel and adventure.

Put my name down as first on the list to buy a 2014 GX 460 that my work my be getting rid of, so I'll likely be building that out sometime over the next couple years.

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Very cool, i dig our rig.

Reactions: dgc357

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Put my name down as first on the list to buy a 2014 GX 460 that my work my be getting rid of, so I'll likely be building that out sometime over the next couple years.

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Welcome, David! Awesome rig.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Put my name down as first on the list to buy a 2014 GX 460 that may work my be getting rid of, so I'll likely be building that out sometime over the next couple years.

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Hey David, thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to Overland Bound from Contra Costa County!

Contributor III

Healdsburg, Sonoma County, California, United States
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Fivella

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Hi from Healdsburg!!! Looking forward to meeting you!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Contributor III

Healdsburg, Sonoma County, California, United States
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Fivella

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Hi looking forward to meeting you! I’m in Healdsburg too!

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

Welcome! We have regular monthly meet-ups every 3rd Saturday of the month in Rohnert Park. This month we will be learning how to repair a punctured tire. Mixed in all that are trips planned by local members too. Hope to see you there!

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Hello David! Welcome, I hope to see you at some meetups and out on the trail !

Ken

JackAttack

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ripley QLD, Australia
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Fredericks
Member #

Welcome to the crew mate! Probably won't meet you in person since I'm across the pacific but I look forward to seeing where you go and what you do!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Welcome to Overland Bound
A great local contact is @Speric who organizes the local meet up in Rohnert Park.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in Livermore that meets monthly, they can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

View attachment 254133
View attachment 254136
Welcome to the overland bound community. Glad to have you join us.