Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Welcome to the group! Nice Tacoma! Is that Thunderbird Race Track in your profile pic? I did a bike track day there years ago.

Reactions: Slow_racer_218

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Thank you kind sir. The profile picture is from thunderbolt raceway at New Jersey motor sports park. What did you ride at the track?
It's been years since I've been there and knew the name had thunder in it lol. I rode a 2009 Ninja 650R which is now a dedicated track bike and then have a 2012 ZX-6R for the streets. Looks like you have a Yamaha R6?

Slow_racer_218

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Jersey USA
Member #

It's been years since I've been there and knew the name had thunder in it lol. I rode a 2009 Ninja 650R which is now a dedicated track bike and then have a 2012 ZX-6R for the streets. Looks like you have a Yamaha R6?
Yes thunderbolt and lightning are the two tracks at njmp. Both are so much fun. I had a pretty bad crash last august. I'm still rebuilding....I ride 09 R1

Reactions: Daniel Etter

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Yes thunderbolt and lightning are the two tracks at njmp. Both are so much fun. I had a pretty bad crash last august. I'm still rebuilding....I ride 09 R1
I always get the R6 and R1 mixed up due to the similar headlight configuration on the older generations. It takes awhile to get back on after an accident since you and the bike have to go through the "recovery" process. I'm jealous that you can still ride and do track days. My time on motorcycles has become very limited and pretty much done due to knee, shoulder, and back injuries that will never completely heal...

Slow_racer_218

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Jersey USA
Member #

I always get the R6 and R1 mixed up due to the similar headlight configuration on the older generations. It takes awhile to get back on after an accident since you and the bike have to go through the "recovery" process. I'm jealous that you can still ride and do track days. My time on motorcycles has become very limited and pretty much done due to knee, shoulder, and back injuries that will never completely heal...
Both the 6 and the 1 are very hard to distinguish especially from far away. Since my last crash, I've gotten married, bought a house...so my racing days are probably over. I haven't even ridden since then but I think that's due to limited funds and time which comes withe new home ownership. Here's a quick pic of my race bike before I put it through the wall :)
IMG_2417.JPG

Reactions: Daniel Etter

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Both the 6 and the 1 are very hard to distinguish especially from far away. Since my last crash, I've gotten married, bought a house...so my racing days are probably over. I haven't even ridden since then but I think that's due to limited funds and time which comes withe new home ownership. Here's a quick pic of my race bike before I put it through the wall :)
View attachment 25661
Digging the Rossi theme! I'm in the same boat as you with marriage and limited funds due to being a college student. Overlanding is a much cheaper hobby than track days and racing lol! Also less chance of injuries! Wife wouldn't be to happy if I destroyed an expensive bike on top of medical expenses from a wreck lol!

Slow_racer_218

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Jersey USA
Member #

Digging the Rossi theme! I'm in the same boat as you with marriage and limited funds due to being a college student. Overlanding is a much cheaper hobby than track days and racing lol! Also less chance of injuries! Wife wouldn't be to happy if I destroyed an expensive bike on top of medical expenses from a wreck lol!
Lol exactly overlanding is much safer hobby but not entirely sure it is THAT much cheaper. At least it has not been thus far but like you said much cheaper than spending $1000 per race weekend