Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Just want to say hello and look forward to being a productive member of the community. I'm located in Southeastern Massachusetts and my mode of travel is either my 2015 Power Wagon or my 2019 Honda CRF 450l. My experience level is what I'll call advanced novice.

Reactions: Mathes and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just want to say hello and look forward to being a productive member of the community. I'm located in Southeastern Massachusetts and my mode of travel is either my 2015 Power Wagon or my 2019 Honda CRF 450l. My experience level is what I'll call advanced novice.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Where about in southern mass? I'm in Berkley myself!

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Welcome from Charlotte!

Reactions: Ed1774

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Welcome!!! Have you taken the quick drive through Freetown yet?
Absolutely, I've done legal Freetown roads several different times over the years with my trucks. Nowadays I spend my time riding the motorcycle trails with my 450L instead of bringing my truck through.

I even have a Freetown story that goes like this:

My buddy and I had a brief cameo on the local evening news (just a picture, no interview) that ran a story about people getting stuck in Freetown. The people were driving on a particular fire road that is closed to vehicular travel yet some folks had traveled down anyway and got stuck in a large puddle after sliding into it on snow/ice. This had happened twice over a few day period. My buddy and I were driving on one of the legal roads when we came across this guy walking out. It was a chilly day and you could tell by his face something was wrong. We stopped and spoke with him and got his story about being stuck. He had already called the police and they were responding. The guy jumped in my truck and we brought him back to his truck which was partially submerged. The PD arrived on scene and were sizing up the situation trying to figure out how to proceed. In front of the the police officer so he could clearly hear me I offered to the guy to pull him out with my winch. My two caveats were I wasn't getting my feet wet to hook up his truck and I wasn't responsible for any damage to his truck from pulling him out. The guy though about it for a minute but ultimately declined my offer. I suspect he was worried about damage but maybe he didn't want wet feet. My buddy and I left him with the police and headed on our way. A bit later we saw the local "big rig" tow company show up with some tank tracked military looking tow thingy on the back of a flatbed truck. We laughed pretty hard thinking about what that tow bill was going to be and how easily my Power Wagon would have pulled him out for free.

Mathes

Local Expert Massachusetts, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

We should plan a little trip done Copicut. I've got a few buddies who would love any excuse to run down it.... Also any excuse to make fun of me running it in my jeep liberty

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

We should plan a little trip done Copicut. I've got a few buddies who would love any excuse to run down it.... Also any excuse to make fun of me running it in my jeep liberty
If you have people who want to run it I'll meet up if I'm not working.

Reactions: Mathes