• HTML tutorial

SpranK_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, Arizona
Member #

Howdy from AZ....
I have been watching OB videos and liking pics on Instagram for some time now. I guess I just figured out today that there was a forum and so much more to this community. So here I am.
I have camped out of the back of a truck or next to a truck in a tent for a long time, I have also been to most of the OEX events in AZ and two in NC. I am now just getting ready to start my own "official" overland rig. I have a new to me 2014 regular cab Tacoma that I am gonna outfit with a bed rack and RTT. I should have the basic starter package ready just in time for OEX in May. I know once the bug bites you, the upgrades can spiral out of control.... I'm excited.
Thanks for having me, I hope to get a lot out of being here.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Welcome from WA! I hear ya on the spiral! As hobbies go it can be as cheap or spendy as we make it. Best analogy I have is. To play football we certainly don't need pads or cleats but they do make it more bearable when ya get hit.

Reactions: SpranK_13

SpranK_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, Arizona
Member #

Hey there. Tacoma World has a group buy going on for CVT. I got mine a few weeks ago, so I missed out, but you will probably get a pretty decent deal through the group buy.
Thanks for the heads up, Bobby (CVT) was in town a few weeks ago for the Sportsman Expo. I was able to buy a tent directly from him. I'm just impatiently waiting for the rack I ordered to arrive. I did it backwards. ;-)

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
First off - welcome fellow Phoenician. I think that you have the perfect vehicle in the US of A to make a bed off Australian looking Overland vehicle. I had a friend named Robert, who had the first Supercharged Tacoma extended cab custom built by AllPro in southern CA with a solid axle swap and a flatbed on the rear. We called it - FrankenTaco.tx1 2.jpg This was an early picture of it before all the camping gear was added to it later.

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

Thanks for the heads up, Bobby (CVT) was in town a few weeks ago for the Sportsman Expo. I was able to buy a tent directly from him. I'm just impatiently waiting for the rack I ordered to arrive. I did it backwards. ;-)
Ah. You and me both. I get my rack, or more precisely, bed bars, tomorrow. Then all I have to do is assemble the thing,( why do I need to assemble it like I got it from IKEA when I spent so much on it?) And get a hoist hooked up to get it on the truck.
Yea.............

SpranK_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, Arizona
Member #

Ah. You and me both. I get my rack, or more precisely, bed bars, tomorrow. Then all I have to do is assemble the thing,( why do I need to assemble it like I got it from IKEA when I spent so much on it?) And get a hoist hooked up to get it on the truck.
Yea.............
Who did you go with for bed bars? I was thinking that myself, but chose a mid cab height rack instead. Figured it would provide more configuration options down the road.
Thanks

Reactions: Arizona Overland

SpranK_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, Arizona
Member #

Went with Avid. Real happy with how they came out.

Oh wow, that looks great!
Not what I was thinking when you said bed bars, I was imagining low profile straight bars close to the rails. I like what you chose.
Now after I looked at their page, I see they are local to boot. I see things I want from them now.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Last edited:
Reactions: Arizona Overland

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

Oh wow, that looks great!
Not what I was thinking when you said bed bars, I was imagining low profile straight bars close to the rails. I like what you chose.
Now after I looked at their page, I see they are local to boot. I see things I want from them now.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I had a great experience with them and will be doing more business in the future. I will be having them build me some sliders next, soon. Great guys and they do great work.