Rank III

Enthusiast II

Whispering Pines, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
MacKrell
Member #

Hey guys! I’m a new member and just wanted to share my experience today. I live about an hour away from Uwharrie National Forest and had a free afternoon today so I decided to hit the trails for the first time since moving out this way in June. I have a 96’ 80 series cruiser I’ve been slowly baselining and building up. Just finished all the required maintenance and installed an OME 2.5 inch lift and some new rock sliders. I have 35inch M/Ts on order but they haven’t arrived yet so I went out on my 32 in KO2s. I stuck to the easiest trails as I was running solo and it was a new area. I ran Wolfs den and Falls Dam in both directions before I ran out of time. Even the east trails were fun and challenging at points. Had to use 4 Lo a couple times and actually had to use my rear locker when I accidentally made a wrong turn and put myself on a bad line. Rig did great but I’m eager to head back out when I get the 35s on to see the difference! Hopeful I could meet up with some of y’all in the future to run some of these trails!

Attachments

Reactions: bcmedicxj

Mack88DO

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Whispering Pines, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
MacKrell
Member #

Eric! What’s up man? I actually found this on a jeep forum from a few years back when I was searching for a trail map that showed trail difficulty. It seemed spot on from what I explored last year before the trails shut down for the season.

Reactions: DintDobbs

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Eric! What’s up man? I actually found this on a jeep forum from a few years back when I was searching for a trail map that showed trail difficulty. It seemed spot on from what I explored last year before the trails shut down for the season.
Can you send me a copy?