Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fairfield, California, United States
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brestak
Member #

Hi everyone. Just joined but probably should have done it a long time ago. Love the outdoors and taking my various rigs over the years on the trails/camping. Currently in the Northern California area.

- 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium (wife's new SUV, but it will see some trails)
- 2017 F-150 SuperCrew FX4 EcoBoost (it may be large...but it goes very well off road)
- 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (seen some dirt roads...but it's too fancy to go elsewhere...replaced by 4Runner last week)
- 1989 Land Rover Defender 110 (UK Spec, halfway complete with a frame off restoration. Frame and running gear all done, it drives and runs fine...but body/engine/transmission still needs to be made nice...planning for some trails with it this summer)

Have had various other rigs before ranging from a Jeep XJ a Ford Bronco full size as well.

Currently trying to see if starting a business doing installations and accessories here in my area is worth it. I have the skills/knowledge just need to do some market research and open a storefront/shop. Nothing set in stone but hope this Northern California area lends itself to good overland business.

See you all around and on the trails this year. Hope to be more active than before.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone. Just joined but probably should have done it a long time ago. Love the outdoors and taking my various rigs over the years on the trails/camping. Currently in the Northern California area.

- 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium (wife's new SUV, but it will see some trails)
- 2017 F-150 SuperCrew FX4 EcoBoost (it may be large...but it goes very well off road)
- 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (seen some dirt roads...but it's too fancy to go elsewhere...replaced by 4Runner last week)
- 1989 Land Rover Defender 110 (UK Spec, halfway complete with a frame off restoration. Frame and running gear all done, it drives and runs fine...but body/engine/transmission still needs to be made nice...planning for some trails with it this summer)

Have had various other rigs before ranging from a Jeep XJ a Ford Bronco full size as well.

Currently trying to see if starting a business doing installations and accessories here in my area is worth it. I have the skills/knowledge just need to do some market research and open a storefront/shop. Nothing set in stone but hope this Northern California area lends itself to good overland business.

See you all around and on the trails this year. Hope to be more active than before.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Good luck on the business venture.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Nice collection of vehicles. Good luck with the business/storefront.

PB1302

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fairfield, California, United States
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brestak
Member #

Damn thats a whole bunch of rigs haha :). But a Porsche being replaced by a Toyota, thats always a good sign ;)
Yup. Those are just the off road vehicles I have owned. Does not even scratch the surface of the other vehicles in my life I have had. I love cars so I have had a few toys in the past. My favorite was my 03 Cobra that put down about 850hp. Had that for 10 years before I got a new 2015 mustang and then traded that in for the F-150. Always had a sports car and an overland rig of some sort. Now just 4x4x4 as me and my boys said it the other day. We got our selves 4 off road rigs. Needless to say the gas station is our friend. LOL.

Reactions: [DO]Ron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Narbob