New Join in San Diego

• HTML tutorial

Flyte74

Rank 0

Traveler I

Joined a few days ago, just getting around to saying hi. Like the title says I'm in San Diego. Rig is a '96 Landcruier, it was pretty well built when I bought it but I've been changing, adding, and redoing things on it for a while now. Trying to keep it as a cross between camping/overlanding rig and something that can handle rockier trails like John Bull, Rubicon (haven't done that one yet, but it's on my list). Mostly used for trips to the Sierras, desert, and other places so I want to maintain good road manners.

Current setup of the rig: DC Fabrications armor all around. This vehicle was used as the prototype for his design for the 80 Series. He sold a few afterwards but sadly he got a sweet job and moved and is no longer selling stuff. It sits on 37" Cooper Discoverer MTT's, kinda loud but I don't mind. Regeared with 4.88 Nitros. 4" lift with Icon 2.5 RR shocks. Adjustable panhards front and rear, working on adjustable rear UCAs. Aussie locker in the rear, have a Harrop e-locker on hand that I'm working on getting installed in the front. Dual battery setup controlled by Blue Sea ACR, on board 12 volt Puma compressor, Indel fridge freezer, snorkel (for all those deep SoCal river crossings!), warn winch, CB, Kenwood tm-v71a, skid plates, and a few other odds and ends that I can't think of and I'm probably boring you enough. Anyway, it get's me where I need to go.

Heard of Overlandbound because someone mentioned this forum and I decided to check it out. Seems to be a pretty legit (welcoming, informative) forum with some great contributors and members, so I decided to sign up. Pretty sure I'll learn a thing or two, be inspired, maybe meet a few people, and learn of some great spots to visit. Maybe even post up a helpful post or two myself.

Hopefully see you guys out there.

IMG_0056.JPG

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Joined a few days ago, just getting around to saying hi. Like the title says I'm in San Diego. Rig is a '96 Landcruier, it was pretty well built when I bought it but I've been changing, adding, and redoing things on it for a while now. Trying to keep it as a cross between camping/overlanding rig and something that can handle rockier trails like John Bull, Rubicon (haven't done that one yet, but it's on my list). Mostly used for trips to the Sierras, desert, and other places so I want to maintain good road manners.

Current setup of the rig: DC Fabrications armor all around. This vehicle was used as the prototype for his design for the 80 Series. He sold a few afterwards but sadly he got a sweet job and moved and is no longer selling stuff. It sits on 37" Cooper Discoverer MTT's, kinda loud but I don't mind. Regeared with 4.88 Nitros. 4" lift with Icon 2.5 RR shocks. Adjustable panhards front and rear, working on adjustable rear UCAs. Aussie locker in the rear, have a Harrop e-locker on hand that I'm working on getting installed in the front. Dual battery setup controlled by Blue Sea ACR, on board 12 volt Puma compressor, Indel fridge freezer, snorkel (for all those deep SoCal river crossings!), warn winch, CB, Kenwood tm-v71a, skid plates, and a few other odds and ends that I can't think of and I'm probably boring you enough. Anyway, it get's me where I need to go.

I'm a member of a few forums. Heard of Overlandbound because someone mentioned this forum (actually, they were talking trash about it for whatever reason) and I decided to check it out. Seems to be a pretty legit (welcoming, helpful, informative) forum with some great contributors and members, so I decided to sign up. Pretty sure I'll learn a thing or two, be inspired, maybe meet a few people, and learn of some great spots to visit. Maybe even post up a helpful post or two myself.

View attachment 68712
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Great pic.

Reactions: SubeeBen
S

SubeeBen

Welcome from Alpine. Great site & awesome people here. Welcome & hope you enjoy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Heard of Overlandbound because someone mentioned this forum and I decided to check it out. Seems to be a pretty legit (welcoming, informative) forum with some great contributors and members, so I decided to sign up. Pretty sure I'll learn a thing or two, be inspired, maybe meet a few people, and learn of some great spots to visit. Maybe even post up a helpful post or two myself.

View attachment 68712
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Flyte74