New guy in Flagstaff, AZ

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Hello all,
I was recently struck with an overland bug at the Overland Expo West last weekend. It's been something that I've been interested in for a long time, with roots in motorcycles, prerunners, rock crawlers and camping/exploring. I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I've got a 2008 Dodge Megacab with a custom built 3.5" lift and 35's, electric locker and some other stuff. My wife has a 2014 Toyota 4runner that she recently decided that she'd like to start building for overland use. We're gonna get it built up a little overy the summer and break in in with a trip up to Wyoming (Yellowstone) for the Totality in august. This forum seems like a great source for information, so I decided to join.

Nik

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Welcome as well - I am working on getting some local Flagstaff events set up...keep a lookout for them soon.

Also - check out the Memorial Day Weekend Southern NM trip being planned if that might be of interest...

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Welcome! That would be an awesome "break in" trip for sure. Be sure to post pics and share your route.

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

The main page has a video and some information on using Google Earth as a tool. I have some routes that I have downloaded into it and have been able to export them to Google Maps and save them for offline use. I would be happy to share what I have so far.