New guy from Louiaiana

• HTML tutorial

Nimrod

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Overland Bound,
My name is Brennan. I've been looking for some new places to connect with folks who enjoy overlanding. In my area most people with 4x4s are playing in the mud, a few enjoy riding the trails. I enjoy both of those activities mostly the latter. Recently I've been taking my rig on longer trips that were more overland style and have really enjoyed them. This year I've done a trip around central/east texas and western Florida. I plan on taking more trips like this preferably with more off roading. The problem I have is finding other rigs to join me on my trips. Most of the people around here either trailer their rigs where ever they go or just aren't interested in driving 8 hours to get somewhere to do more driving.

As for my rig, it is a 1999 Jeep wrangler. When I originally built it I was planning on using it to ride the trails in northern louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas. So I modified it with 3.5in long arm suspension lift, 8.8 rear axle, slip yoke eleminator, armor all around, and plenty of other odds and ends. Over time I began driving the rig more and more to the point I use it as a daily instead of my truck. Since I drive about 500 miles a week I learned to love my noise cancelling headphones. Once you deal with the road noise it's actually pretty comfortable. Since the long arm was installed it actually rides better than my f150 and the a.c. works great so what else could you want? Cruise control. I would love to have speed 2: cruise control.

I look forward to conversing with yall and learn from your experiences. Also meeting and wheeling with some of yall would be awesome.IMG_20170715_153154_524.jpg IMG_20170924_131900_809.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,
My name is Brennan. I've been looking for some new places to connect with folks who enjoy overlanding. In my area most people with 4x4s are playing in the mud, a few enjoy riding the trails. I enjoy both of those activities mostly the latter. Recently I've been taking my rig on longer trips that were more overland style and have really enjoyed them. This year I've done a trip around central/east texas and western Florida. I plan on taking more trips like this preferably with more off roading. The problem I have is finding other rigs to join me on my trips. Most of the people around here either trailer their rigs where ever they go or just aren't interested in driving 8 hours to get somewhere to do more driving.

As for my rig, it is a 1999 Jeep wrangler. When I originally built it I was planning on using it to ride the trails in northern louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas. So I modified it with 3.5in long arm suspension lift, 8.8 rear axle, slip yoke eleminator, armor all around, and plenty of other odds and ends. Over time I began driving the rig more and more to the point I use it as a daily instead of my truck. Since I drive about 500 miles a week I learned to love my noise cancelling headphones. Once you deal with the road noise it's actually pretty comfortable. Since the long arm was installed it actually rides better than my f150 and the a.c. works great so what else could you want? Cruise control. I would love to have speed 2: cruise control.

I look forward to conversing with yall and learn from your experiences. Also meeting and wheeling with some of yall would be awesome.View attachment 35781 View attachment 35782
Hi Brennan and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,

I look forward to conversing with yall and learn from your experiences. Also meeting and wheeling with some of yall would be awesome.View attachment 35781 View attachment 35782
Hello Brennan and welcome to the OB crew..nice jeep

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Welcome to OB. I live on False River lake about an hour from you. I am very new to overlanding and off roading in general but just took my first overnight trip to Kisatchie National Forrest. We literally just unloaded. I already want to go back!

Reactions: Rubicajon

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hello. If your interested in trips clontact us @ rubicajon@gmail.com.

We take trips ranging from 2 to 12 days. We look to meet up with others interested in the same.

We have camped at rest stops in texas. 60 mph dust storms in winslow,az. Walmart parking lots and other places.

Sometimes we just start driving after work and see where we wind up. Key West for New Years was a good one.

Anyone intetested in these types of events get in touch.

Reactions: Chadlyb

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch