Texas Thunder

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Howdy! New guy from Central Texas. Started primitive camping many, many years ago with the family and we've slowly progressed to the point of now owning an absurd bumper pull RV. It's fun and has it's place, but I'd really like to get back to primitive camping. Right now I'm looking at starting with a RTT to mount on top of my truck (Dodge 2500), but ultimately would like to build an off-road trailer. This system will also play well into my annual trips out west to hunt elk, antelope, mule deer, etc.

Anyways, glad to be here. Looking forward to learning.

Randy

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Howdy! New guy from Central Texas. Started primitive camping many, many years ago with the family and we've slowly progressed to the point of now owning an absurd bumper pull RV. It's fun and has it's place, but I'd really like to get back to primitive camping. Right now I'm looking at starting with a RTT to mount on top of my truck (Dodge 2500), but ultimately would like to build an off-road trailer. This system will also play well into my annual trips out west to hunt elk, antelope, mule deer, etc.

Anyways, glad to be here. Looking forward to learning.

Randy
Welcome aboard.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Randy, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in central Texas you are but there is a monthly meet up in Round Rock (Southwest US - Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet). Given the current situation meet ups may be on hold but something to keep an eye out for in the near future if it isn't too far away.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from just a bit outside Georgetown in Weir.