Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Hello everyone,

If this is not the proper place for this, mods please let me know and I'll be happy to comply.

I wondered how everyone - and speciifically others in New England - feel about petitioning for the East to be split, so that New England (or the Northeast, North East, or Nor'Easter) is it's own region? Reasoning as follows:

Whereas New England is it's own distinct region with it's own rich history.

Whereas New England has its own unique challenges in finding driveable trails compared to much of the rest of the nation, including compared to other Eastern states, and often have to tread more lightly due to historic or political, or private property concerns

Whereas New England certainly has it's own infamous weather patterns (Mark Twain agrees).

Wheras, geographically speaking, New England has very little in common with, say, Florida or Georgia just as examples, nor many of the other Eastern states

And wheras there is precedent... The West is divided the way I have described, and there is a section for PNW, so I thought it would be appropriate...

I propose that there be a separate region formed for New England. This is not meant as a devisive move per se. Rather just to make reading through a large home region's posts more applicable, easier to follow, and more relatable to the reader, no matter the region.

Anyone else want to chime in in this?

Thanks for your time and consideration

ThundahBeagle

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
I like this idea, won't even touch on the cultural & resource differences. I would hazard to guess that, say, NC, doesn't have to worry about it being 85F at noon and 29F at 1am in the same 24 hour period.

Reactions: DevilDodge

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Thanks, Sneaks. I dont really know what the process is from here or how many signers-on are needed for this to move forward, but I thought this would be a good idea.

Reactions: Sneaks

jmacphie1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bethel, ME, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Macphie
Member #

i agree with the idea . im from maine and a new member nad looking for members close to me how do i go finding people ?

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
There’s a Maine thread I he NE forum. I over in Oxford Cty.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
i agree with the idea . im from maine and a new member nad looking for members close to me how do i go finding people ?
You can use the member map to message everyone in your area, and use the regional page to start a thread for your area.