New Camping Gear For 2017

• HTML tutorial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

On all of the other sites I am on where I have had a camping gear thread since 2008 or so, I was only able to post my whole review today on my forum, as we do not have a text/picture limit set, so I do not want to chance it here.
It was like over 40K characters or so.
I had to break it down into four parts on one site for my past gear review thread, and two other sites I just posted the URL to the web page below I made yesterday.

Anyways, very happy with a lot of new gear from this year, and this review is from a four day trip to Mount Rainier National Park, the White River Campground.
We should have gone next week, as the smoke from the BC wildfires should be gone down here, and it was close to 90 degrees every day from Monday to Thursday when we left.
Plus the air quality was simply put, very bad.

Some of the new gear I have picked up since winter

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Ha! Just finished reading you post on FJCF. Lots of good stuff man, I hope you're enjoying it all :)
Thanks man, I noticed over there the words were all spaced out in a few places from copying it from my forum to there.

Yes, very happy with the new gear this year.
We slept pretty good up there too, as soon as the sun goes down, it starts to cool off.
Flannel sheets and a down comforter help keep the chill away.

And having ones own outhouse sure beats having to walk to their bathroom in the middle of the night.
She pushed the idea too to go for the new toilet :sunglasses:
She was not too thrilled with the old Pett one, and I do not blame her, as I have never really cared for it.

Seriously thinking of getting that Kanz Kitchen too, I am getting too old to heft around that heavy wood one I have had since 2010.

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

So nice, love the pics need to get some of this stuff for next year. Makin a list n crossin em off [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corey

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

So nice, love the pics need to get some of this stuff for next year. Makin a list n crossin em off [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks!

I talked to Harold Kanz on Sunday, looks like he is no longer making the light weight chuckboxes.
Time consuming, and not making enough on them.
If he had help it would be better, but for now he is no longer making them, bummer, I wanted to grab one, mine is sooooooooooooooo heavy.

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

I love that awning! What brand? Where did you find it?
Hi Karen, got it from Paul May @ Equipt Expeditions.
http://www.equipt1.com/item/bat-270-awning-left-hand-side-driver

Thanks, I really like it.
I had a regular one from 2008, a Camping Lab one, same as the other Chinese ones like Ironman, ARB, etc.
They are kind of a PITA to setup yourself, my new one is easy.
Here is Paul doing it.
Takes just a few seconds to deploy, so much simpler than my old one to open and put away.

Reactions: Northernlady