Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

After 3 years of rocking roof top tents, we decided to order a lone peak camper and it should be ready for install July/August. We will be doing a full bed build and will try to document as much as possible here. We are trying to get it done before camper install so we are good to go as soon as it's ready for us! We try to do as much diy as possible, so we will see how this goes! Here is our current setup with the alucab canopy and Ironman4x4 tent. Today I went ahead and removed all our interior bed items (15 gallon water tank, 2000watt inverter, 40amp dc/DC charger, 100ah battery, compressor, water pump, propane, most wiring) and got the bed prepped to start on the build. Went and picked up some plywood today, and will be getting slides and other items over the next 2 weeks in the mail. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to cut the bed floor put and start on the layout between jobs.

Attachments

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Only had about an hour to work on it today. Got the floor cut, and started on the double slide bench. Also got the first package of electronics in. Also attached a photo of the current power cabinet I'll be loosing when the canopy gets sold.

Attachments

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Had about an hour this morning while waiting for paint to cure, so for a few more things done. Along the cab is a foot deep cabinet that will house the battery, inverter, and dc/DC charger. If I have room I'll be hard mounting the air compressor in there as well. The center between the bench on the left and the shelving on the right is 24" which should be enough space for legs while sitting, getting dressed and such, and an emergency bathroom break if needed. Right side will be shelving with a butcher block top, but will be unable to finish that until the camper is mounted due to not knowing exactly where or what size the mounting hardware for the camper will be.

Attachments

Reactions: Blu12T

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

I had a little bit of time today between jobs to work on this. I got the right side dialed in. I can't do much on the top until the camper is installed. I may build a temporary top just so it doesn't look super unfinished. Not too worried about the few spots that I nicked the wrong areas with my saw as I'll fill those before I put carpet on everything. Slowly but surely making headway!

Attachments

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Looking great! Are you 100% sold on going with carpet all over? I'm just curious if putting down a vinyl-paneled floor would be useful for easy cleaning.

Reactions: Bagallthethings

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Looking great! Are you 100% sold on going with carpet all over? I'm just curious if putting down a vinyl-paneled floor would be useful for easy cleaning.
I've thought about a few options. With little kids and the PNW winters, I decided on carpet for the feet so it's not too cold. I did order marine carpet for boats and has a pvc backing on it, so water shouldn't be an issue I hope. Only time will tell! I'll be putting it on with spray glue so won't be to hard to yank out for something else if it ends up being a mess holder.

Reactions: AggieOE

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Added a 12v and sae plug to the front bench, got the power system all hooked back up and working. Also did a temp counter top until the camper is installed and then will be swapped out for a butcher block top. Drawer slides got delayed and won't be here until next week. Also ordered a 12v thermostat controller relay, some 12v 120mm fans and vents to add to the electric compartment to keep everything cool. Hopefully have everything finished up end of next week as our second baby is due next weekend and projects will be put on hold for a few weeks once that happens.

Attachments

Reactions: Blu12T and AggieOE

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

It may be over kill but Bed Rug has a floor carpet that matches the corrugation of the bed floor. Very comfortable and adds some "R" value.
I looked into the bed rug, but decided against it, ended up doing 3/4" plywood to have a solid base to attach everything to. If I was leaving the bed empty, the bedrug would have been my go to for sure

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

UPS has failed to deliver my drawer slides for 3 days now. They refuse to leave the package but it doesn't need to be signed for so not sure what's going on. I used measurements off of drawer slides I already had and decided to make the pull-out drawer today. I think I'll add some dividers that can be moved on the inside so I can keep everything organized. Slowly getting where I need it to be and then I'll be at a standstill until we get to camper in a couple of months. Also picked up some paint today. I tried to put a coat of Rustoleum paint on and it took 3 days to dry and it had no coverage so I went ahead and spent some money on some good paint.

Attachments

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Added some removable deviders today, and pulled the last cabinet I had installed in the canopy. Built a cover plate and got my recovery gear and awning walls in behind the bench to the left. I'll be covering that in carpet as well. Slowly but surely getting this done in the small amount of spare time I've got lately. Just about to a stand still until the camper is ready end of summer lol. Few things left, finish wiring for power ports, decide if I want to hard mount my compressor, or if I want to just have it mobile, finish trimming out a few things, and start on cushions for the bench and bed for the kids.

Attachments

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

After a week or so, I decided I wasn't liking that the cabinets on the right side were higher than the bench and I didn't have a completely flat surface when I put in the filler panel in the middle. Now I've got completely flat, a space specifically for my water, and a table that pops up and comes out to me for when we're sitting inside and some kind of sort of hidden storage. Think I'll definitely like this a little bit better. Now I just need to finish up a few things and get this painted and carpet installed again.

Attachments

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

I havnt frequented on here in a while. They closed the pnw Facebook page down, and the app is garbage now adays. Finally picked up our lonepeak camper on Tuesday after 1 1/2 year wait. I pulled the wood setup out a few months ago due to weight, and designed and built an interior out of extruded aluminum. Interior is about halfway done, but here are some photos of the new camper and some of the interior.

Attachments