Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
We've been here since Saturday night and I have yet to be able to take the 4RUNNER anywhere other than the ball park. I'm hoping to get to Nemo's Tunnel Saturday, but I'm a bit Wary of the standing water considering the storms we've had here this week.
N&S closed Nemo as of July 3, 2022. Guy stalled over the rails and truck got hit. Occupants are ok, but truck is totaled.

Reactions: Big Easy Overland

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

N&S closed Nemo as of July 3, 2022. Guy stalled over the rails and truck got hit. Occupants are ok, but truck is totaled.
Thanks for the head's up. You saved me a couple hour drive for nothing.

I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with the lack of off-road opportunities in the area.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513

I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with the lack of off-road opportunities in the area.
What area are you traveling in / to?
If you're still in eastern TN area, look up Hot springs, nc, Neal Barnett Rd if it's open. 35.91218, -82.78869 is the entrance off hwy 25. Run that up to Shad rd.
That will give you a combined 20+ miles off-road with many primitive campsites areas.
If Neal Barnett is not open, shad rd is, off of Hurricane Gap Rd. Both are moderate difficulty.

Last edited:

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I have been informed that the railroad put up two small (10”x12” maybe) “No Trespassing Violators Will Be Prosecuted” signs, one on either side of the tunnel entrance, to keep people out.