Rank II

Enthusiast I

Roanoke, virginia
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Webster
Member #

On an overlanding trip and my tailgate window is stuck in the down position on my 1993 4runner. Anyone have ability to know the issue and fix? Rain and theft are my biggest challenge now.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Sounds like a regulator. Check the local parts stores. You can take the back panel off and check the connection with a test light. ($5) If you access the regulator you can disconnect the regulator motor and put the window up, secure it with plastic wire ties.
Zim

Reactions: 9Mike2

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Did you read this first before posting in "special needs"? Your request would see more eyes and have a better chance of receiving replies here, or here. You should probably post what troubleshooting steps that you have taken, symptoms, etc. The more info that you can give to others the more targeted help you can get. Hope you get it fixed.

Last edited:

4_Lander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Roanoke, virginia
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Webster
Member #

Did you read this first before posting in "special needs"? Your request would see more eyes and have a better chance of receiving replies here, or here. You should probably post what troubleshooting steps that you have taken, symptoms, etc. The more info that you can give to others the more targeted help you can get. Hope you get it fixed.
Sorry about that. Will do.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Some basics.
2 things I’ve experienced on my 4runner were the rear door not fully closing even though it looked like it was, and the rear wiper was out of its resting cradle. Both will cause the window not to work.
Can you tell if it is,still in the window guides?

Reactions: NCFireGuy

4_Lander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Roanoke, virginia
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Webster
Member #

Some basics.
2 things I’ve experienced on my 4runner were the rear door not fully closing even though it looked like it was, and the rear wiper was out of its resting cradle. Both will cause the window not to work.
Can you tell if it is,still in the window guides?
I'll check that and see. The rear wiper was disengaged and I had to force back, it is not working as well. I tried jostling to see and nothing. Tried different combinations of lights on, lights off, lock up lock down, engine on, off, etc, to see if a cross wiring issue. Mechanic looking at it now.

4_Lander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Roanoke, virginia
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Webster
Member #

Sounds like a regulator. Check the local parts stores. You can take the back panel off and check the connection with a test light. ($5) If you access the regulator you can disconnect the regulator motor and put the window up, secure it with plastic wire ties.
Zim
Turns out this was the issue. Thanks for sharing. I've permanently disengaged the wiper.