Need help finding out who sales gas tanks for 2019 Nissan Frontier ....

• HTML tutorial

Eric Sherrill

Rank 0

Contributor II

Morganton, NC, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Sherrill
Due to my upgrades on my truck, I've lost about 3-4 miles per gal. This was very unexpected. My tank holds about 19-20 gal..... need to be able to hold about 30+ gal. Any help will be greatly appreciated..... just point me in the right direction. Thanks

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I'll look into it. There's a contact I have in another group, I think he might have an aux tank...

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
You might have luck with Long Range America for larger or add on tanks.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I feel your pain there. You might want to try a generic transfer tank, then refill the stock tank when it’s low.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Yeah... my contact doesn't have an aux tank like I thought he might. He just uses 5 gal cans. Sorry 'bout that.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I drive an 03 xterra, so I really feel your pain. I've looked into this myself, and the only real option is in Australia, and unfortunately, they don't ship to the US.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much limited to a generic transfer tank, a marine fuel tank in the bed, or Jerry cans.

I'm planning on adding a 12 gallon marine fuel tank on the roof next year, in addition to the 2 5 gallon Jerry cans I already have.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Get under your truck find an open spot you'd want to put another tank, measure how large a tank you want then go to a junkyard and measure some tanks on cars, find one that will fit. Remove it , buy it , take it home thenits up to you to figure out how to install it.
Ps some boats have really nice tanks with different shapes so you may want to look at a marine yard if one is near you.

Eric Sherrill

Rank 0

Contributor II

Morganton, NC, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Sherrill
I drive an 03 xterra, so I really feel your pain. I've looked into this myself, and the only real option is in Australia, and unfortunately, they don't ship to the US.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much limited to a generic transfer tank, a marine fuel tank in the bed, or Jerry cans.

I'm planning on adding a 12 gallon marine fuel tank on the roof next year, in addition to the 2 5 gallon Jerry cans I already have.
Thanks , yea there has to be options, I'm going to keep looking

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Due to my upgrades on my truck, I've lost about 3-4 miles per gal. This was very unexpected. My tank holds about 19-20 gal..... need to be able to hold about 30+ gal. Any help will be greatly appreciated..... just point me in the right direction. Thanks
You might post this under general discussion also, to get more traction.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Check out the site and YouTube for theroadchoseme. He went through a number of choices trying to fit both water and fuel into his Jeep for touring Africa. He ended up going with some marine options because of the spaces he found.