NEED HELP CHOOSING!!

• HTML tutorial

D.Boss

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ontario
Hey all. So i briefly posted on this on my new member forum and posted a fun poll just to see the answers i get. But i figured here is the right place to start this thread. I apologize if this a little long but i would appreciate your input on this choice as my knowledge on it is limited. Quick back story, I currently own a 2015 power wagon but i recently bought a house out of town and commute about 100km (sorry I'm Canadian, ABOOT 60ish miles haha) a day for work. I'm looking to go to a smaller truck with a little better fuel mileage. My choices are either a 2018 taco 4dr with a manual transmission (i miss my old '08 rubi) OR a 2018 colorado. I do have a side by side and haul it on a utility trailer during hunting season so the Colorado with tow package is appealing for that reason. BUT i hate the interior. The taco to me has a much nicer interior and has the Toyota reliability which is nice for the daily commutes to work and I do live in the country. Obviously there is a lot to consider and i cant mention it all but if you could tell me which you would choose and briefly support your decision it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

D.B

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hey all. So i briefly posted on this on my new member forum and posted a fun poll just to see the answers i get. But i figured here is the right place to start this thread. I apologize if this a little long but i would appreciate your input on this choice as my knowledge on it is limited. Quick back story, I currently own a 2015 power wagon but i recently bought a house out of town and commute about 100km (sorry I'm Canadian, ABOOT 60ish miles haha) a day for work. I'm looking to go to a smaller truck with a little better fuel mileage. My choices are either a 2018 taco 4dr with a manual transmission (i miss my old '08 rubi) OR a 2018 colorado. I do have a side by side and haul it on a utility trailer during hunting season so the Colorado with tow package is appealing for that reason. BUT i hate the interior. The taco to me has a much nicer interior and has the Toyota reliability which is nice for the daily commutes to work and I do live in the country. Obviously there is a lot to consider and i cant mention it all but if you could tell me which you would choose and briefly support your decision it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

D.B
I have a friend with a diesel Colorado he gets about 24 mpg combined. Might look this direction.

Dylan89153

Rank 0

Traveler I

I would prefer the diesel Colorado because you get the torque and the mpg. Yeah the interior isn’t too attractive but overtime you get use to it and it probably won’t bother you much.

Reactions: bawesomfels

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
+1 diesel Colorado. I'm a Taco fan, but they're just too overpriced now for what they are.

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I really like the new Colorado diesel. I think you get the range you need. But I have also looked at the Ram 1500 Big Horn with the v6 Diesel (27mpg HWY). The interior is much better. Not a huge fan of the GM interior design either.

Reactions: H3Coyote

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
A guy at work has a diesel Colorado, he loves it. I’ve never looked inside one, so I can’t comment on the interior.

Reactions: H3Coyote

H3Coyote

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

MidWest, U.S., by Chicago.
Member #

I'm not a fan of GM too much anymore. Although I'm currently building an H3, and I gutted everything... EVERY SINGLE THING... I really like the Dodge V6 diesel. But my favorite is the older Land Rovers or FJs.

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

All good. my old man is actually the sales manager and I get employee pricing though my work. I made out pretty good, more then happy! but thank you!
Great glad to hear it! I think you will be happy with your choice.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Maybe get a cheap beater? By my calculations, getting something that gets 35mpg up from 20mpg at 17-20k miles per year is worth about $1,000 per year in gas alone. That doesnt account for tires that cost half as much, etc.

Again, by my calculations, you could essentially buy a $4-5k vehicle and have the payments be break even, and you'd save a lot of wear and tear on your nice truck.