Need Feedback - New Regional Overland Bound Patches

• HTML tutorial

Would you want your Member Number on the Patch?

• Yes

Votes: 87 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
UPDATE: These are NOT badges! They are PATCHES! All badges will remain the same as they are now. Membership has one badge - they all look the same. These are patches for Members who want to represent their region as they travel.

Hi all,

We are creating new regional Overland Bound Patches!

If you get a chance give us some feedback on the patch sketches below. Any you particuliarly like? Other ideas? Throw a design in the mix? We want to hear from you!

Also, let us know if you would want your Overland Bound member number on the patch! See poll above!

patch1.jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg

Last edited:

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Love the idea. Liked #5 a lot. I do like the idea of the different regions having a different patch design for sure. Definitely like the member number as well but customization gets to be a real pain the rear with embroidery and tends to drive the costs way up. Maybe have a separate member tab you can get with your member number as its own patch.

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

YES PLEASE!!!!! This would be a great way to show where you are from. #5&6 look great. And the idea of an accompanying member patch is a great idea @Maverick9110E [emoji1303].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Number 3, without the "Northwest" text, but with the option of our members number instead.

Why the new members badge @Michael ?
Not badges! Patches! For folks who want to represent their region as they travel.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I think the membership # is what makes this community so unique. You know that the person is vested into the same thing, and not just a keyboard warrior. Patch with the member # for me.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

CESAR GARCIA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Norwalk, CA
Member #

All the sketches look awesome @Michael

My Choices:
Northwest: 4, 5, 6
Midwest: definitely 14 (the one on top of the page, cuz you have 2 with the same number)
Southwest: 8 ( but, you need to come up with more choices, I am from the southwest, I would want more choices to help you choose, ours look too simple compare to the awesome scenery of the northwest and midwest.. lol...)

I will buy all 3 regardless hahaha...specially if I like the others better..lol.....they all look cool though....haha...but those are my top choices....hope that is of any help. the more choices for us to buy the better too...cuz everyone has different taste.

make them color patches, that'd be cool

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

Not badges! Patches! For folks who want to represent their region as they travel.
Are you thinking just regions, or regional divisions, like New England, mid-Atlantic, East North Central, West North Central, etc? I think the divisions would be cool because they are more localized and people are really proud of where they come from. There are 9 divisions total vs. 4 regions (according the US Census Bureau).

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Are you thinking just regions, or regional divisions, like New England, mid-Atlantic, East North Central, West North Central, etc? I think the divisions would be cool because they are more localized and people are really proud of where they come from. There are 9 divisions total vs. 4 regions (according the US Census Bureau).

Whoa mate, don't forget about us Canadian folk ;)

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Yes for member number, and since I'm midwest, I like #14. Or 12 or the unnumbered one, but not #13 with the sun radials.

Once upon a time, we were going to be doing rockers for the current patch with our region underneath. Is this instead?

Reactions: nparker72