Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

TNDeadHead

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Columbia, Tennessee
Member #

Sounds cool!!! I need to go back and get me trail #508 Gut Buster and I’ll be complete for all three badges. It’s definitely a fun park to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Looking at the app it says gut buster requires 35s and a locker did you see the trail while you were there? I just wondered how accurate their recommendations are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Sounds cool!!! I need to go back and get me trail #508 Gut Buster and I’ll be complete for all three badges. It’s definitely a fun park to ride.

May be interested in going too depending on my work schedule

I looked into it some more and it seems they were just posting the days they were open for night rides in addition to regular hours. I'm still open to go most weekends!

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Looking at the app it says gut buster requires 35s and a locker did you see the trail while you were there? I just wondered how accurate their recommendations are.

My wife say we actually drove on it cause it’s a main road that turns into the Gut Buster but I never checked in cause I was looking for trail #404 and trail #500. If it says you need a lift and 35s and you don’t have it then I recommend you not doing it just to be on the safe side. I have a 2.5” Lift with 35s front and rear lockers but was only using my rear lockers.

Reactions: TNDeadHead

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

I say we go down and check it out. You'd be surprised where a 2" lift and 31s can take ya. I'll give it a go if it doesn't look too bad and if I make it then you can follow. Sometimes they're recommendations can be a bit over the top.

Reactions: Jose and TNDeadHead

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I say we go down and check it out. You'd be surprised where a 2" lift and 31s can take ya. I'll give it a go if it doesn't look too bad and if I make it then you can follow. Sometimes they're recommendations can be a bit over the top.
I’m down for what ever!! Lol I have straps, winch, so we all good just incase.

Reactions: Tyler.W

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
[emoji4]

I'm not sure what the park is like but I'm sure there are other trails there that we can run too. We can make it an OB trip if anyone else wanted to tag along!

I’m down with that Tyler. I’m putting a small lift on my 4Runner this week but still prefer sticking to milder trails. She is still fairly new so avoiding most trail rash for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

So what's everyone schedule look like? Do you want to go there weekend after next (20 or 21)? Saturday or Sunday work better? As long as it's a dry well there shouldn't be much mud to make things difficult.

Last edited:

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

Off subject.
Does anyone have advise on panhard/trackbars? Do I need one with a 3 inch lift? I need to change out my suspension(well overdue) and I am planning on getting an OME lift but didn't know if I need to get an adjustable bar or a drop for the oem bar.

sent from my not so bright smart phone

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Off subject.
Does anyone have advise on panhard/trackbars? Do I need one with a 3 inch lift? I need to change out my suspension(well overdue) and I am planning on getting an OME lift but didn't know if I need to get an adjustable bar or a drop for the oem bar.

I'm not sure about Toyotas but I know with Jeeps a 2" lift will pull the axles out about 1". It's all geometry so I would assume the same would happen on your Toyota, only it would be 1.5". I have heard there are really no I'll effects of it except for the looks (if it bothers you). One thing to definitely check is your clearances because I know with Jeeps if you lift with a stock track bar and have pretty oversize tires you could rub on the rear spring perch when flexing.

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

Thanks, I have been running a low end lift for a while. From our run on the DD I realized that my suspension needs a solid upgrade. The bars are only 150 or so. I might as well do it.
On the flip side the wife wants to make the FJ trail ready so I am cought in a crossfire. Spend money on the ole battlewagon or outfit the FJ.
I don't think I can ignore my valkyrie...

TNDeadHead

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Columbia, Tennessee
Member #

Thanks, I have been running a low end lift for a while. From our run on the DD I realized that my suspension needs a solid upgrade. The bars are only 150 or so. I might as well do it.
On the flip side the wife wants to make the FJ trail ready so I am cought in a crossfire. Spend money on the ole battlewagon or outfit the FJ.
I don't think I can ignore my valkyrie...

My vote is do both

Reactions: Tyler.W

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

Well hell yea, unfortunately I don't think I am ready to get trail scratched on the FJ. Nor can I afford it. If only Toytec had a credit card...