Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

My truck is a driveway Queen, it gets about 10K miles per year. About the time the KO-2s came out, I up sized to a 315, 70 ,17. I have run KOs for many years and been happy getting about 40K from them first set I put 22k before replacing them. I was up set but purchased 3 new ones, rotated the spare out. I was at 28k and not going to get another 8k from them, I was disappointed to say the least. At EXPO WEST I complained to the BFG rep. there and was looking at other tire to purchase. BFG started out with a very soft rubber on the KO-2s that didn't wear well on E-rated tires so he says. He asked that I start a claim maybe BFG would do something. Two weeks ago I started the claim and received a 40% on the new set. The jury is still out, I thought I should point out good customers service when I get it. I did rebuild the front end when I was 10k into the first set, bushings dampener, tie rod, alinement, so some of the wear is on me. I only love a tire or a name brand that gets to where I want to go and home without issues. There are lots of good tires.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
You didn't say what vehicle they are on. Weight makes big difference I would think. My little Tacoma got much more than that. I'm not even going to tell you how much because you probably wouldn't believe me! I took the first set off and put in shed with 10-20 K still on them. They're heavy as crap and kill my mpg but when I am in the boonies I have less pucker factor.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
40% off a new set aint too bad i guess. i always liked BFG and had them on jeep, toyota, 2 dodge rams and a f-350. when i put a level kit on my new tundra, the guy there told me about toyo tires and so i went with them. i have had the current set over 50K miles and still have about 10k left by the looks of the tread.

seems like all the major brand tires do close to the same and im sure there are batches that are better than other batches, so there might even be some toyo tires out there that are not performing as well as the batch i got. hope your next set does better...

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I have ran the same KO2s on my tow rig for 5 plus years. First on my E350 and then on my F350. Last year the weight of my last camper broke two steel rims. I swapped the tires on some different rims. The tires are still holding up well. I use the truck last winter pulling the trailer hauling a project rig through snow cover fields and the KO2s did very well. I love them.

I also run KO2s on my YJ. They had a little rock rash on the white lettering and don't look pretty, but they still work great. I love KO2s so much I plan to put KO2s on my JKU replacing the old KM2s.