Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I installed my Built Right Industries bed side racks. They are solid. More mounts than I thought, which is good. I didn't have instructions, so it took an hour including looking up the instructions.

The only issue I have is that I don't have mid tie downs and Built Right didn't supply any bolts. The racks rattle like a mo' fo' when I close the doors. My next step is to research the size of those bolts and make a HD run.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I also finally got a phone mount that I like. It's the same arm from Bullet Point Solutions as the MXT, but with the 1" ball adapter and a Quadlock mount and case.

Reactions: Shahn and GLOCKer

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Well... as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions... I told myself a few lies when I bought this truck and started my build. The biggest lie:
CO.Ranger said:
Intro:
This is going to be slow.
It has moved much, much quicker than I anticipated. My wife has enjoyed trail days more than I expected and we had a *ridiculously* cold night camping that changed our plans. Then, a local company put out a deal where, if you buy an in stock RTT, they will give you $500 in store gift card.

So, here is how the truck stands now:
  1. Eibach 2.0 Stage 1 Suspension Package
  2. ARB UVP Complete Steel Skit Plate Kit
  3. 265/70r17(C) BFG All Terrain KO2
  4. Ford Ranger 5ft Bed TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover
  5. DeeZee Tailgate Assist
  6. Husky Liners Weatherbeater Front Floor Mats
  7. MXT275VP4 MICROMOBILE® BUNDLE
  8. LOW PROFILE DITCH LIGHT BRACKETS
  9. Dark Defense DDS4 2.0 45W 4200 Lumen 3″ Off-Road Pod Lights (2-Pack Yellow Spot Lens)
  10. Line-X Bed Liner
  11. 23Zero Roof Top Tent Breezeway Series
  12. Ignition trim ring from a guy on Facebook
  13. BEDSIDE RACK SYSTEM - 4PC KIT | FORD RANGER 5FT BED
  14. DASH MOUNT | FORD RANGER (2019+)
  15. BulletPoint Solutions arms, base plates, adapters

Parts that I have on order that should be here this week:
  1. TRIGGER WIRELESS ACCESSORY CONTROLLER SIX SHOOTER
  2. MICROMOBILE®MXTA22 DITCH LIGHT EXTENSION BRACKET
  3. BillieBars 8"
  4. White Knuckle Off Road Sliders

First trip out. Truck was completely stock, exxcept the ARB skid plate set.

This photo showcases the bedside racks and the Line-X.

Tonneau cover right after installation. This still needs to be adjusted, but I am going to wait until I have the Billie Bars to insatll, since I have to take the tonneau off (or at least the clamps) to install it.

Here is a before (top) and after (bottom) the lift.

Trim ring. Stupid cheap, stupid easy to install.

Two shots from the camping trip that drove the RTT purchase.

This photo is hard to tell, but it was 28 degrees...

The Dark Defense lights installed on the Cali Raised Ditch Light Brackets. The MXT Antenna mount is temporary until the new bracket. Previously, it was mounted where the new lights are...

And, currently, my favorite picture of the truck.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Very nice! I'm loving my Ranger and can't wait to get out in it more! Can't wait to see it with the RTT!
I've been really happy and impressed with what the Ranger has been able to do. I'm not 'hardcore' so it's been great. I should have the bed mounts next week, then I will mount and show the tent. I'm excited.

Reactions: GLOCKer

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

Beautiful rig. Nice to see Rangers represent.

Well... as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions... I told myself a few lies when I bought this truck and started my build. The biggest lie:

It has moved much, much quicker than I anticipated. My wife has enjoyed trail days more than I expected and we had a *ridiculously* cold night camping that changed our plans. Then, a local company put out a deal where, if you buy an in stock RTT, they will give you $500 in store gift card.

So, here is how the truck stands now:
  1. Eibach 2.0 Stage 1 Suspension Package
  2. ARB UVP Complete Steel Skit Plate Kit
  3. 265/70r17(C) BFG All Terrain KO2
  4. Ford Ranger 5ft Bed TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover
  5. DeeZee Tailgate Assist
  6. Husky Liners Weatherbeater Front Floor Mats
  7. MXT275VP4 MICROMOBILE® BUNDLE
  8. LOW PROFILE DITCH LIGHT BRACKETS
  9. Dark Defense DDS4 2.0 45W 4200 Lumen 3″ Off-Road Pod Lights (2-Pack Yellow Spot Lens)
  10. Line-X Bed Liner
  11. 23Zero Roof Top Tent Breezeway Series
  12. Ignition trim ring from a guy on Facebook
  13. BEDSIDE RACK SYSTEM - 4PC KIT | FORD RANGER 5FT BED
  14. DASH MOUNT | FORD RANGER (2019+)
  15. BulletPoint Solutions arms, base plates, adapters

Parts that I have on order that should be here this week:
  1. TRIGGER WIRELESS ACCESSORY CONTROLLER SIX SHOOTER
  2. MICROMOBILE®MXTA22 DITCH LIGHT EXTENSION BRACKET
  3. BillieBars 8"
  4. White Knuckle Off Road Sliders

First trip out. Truck was completely stock, exxcept the ARB skid plate set.

This photo showcases the bedside racks and the Line-X.

Tonneau cover right after installation. This still needs to be adjusted, but I am going to wait until I have the Billie Bars to insatll, since I have to take the tonneau off (or at least the clamps) to install it.

Here is a before (top) and after (bottom) the lift.

Trim ring. Stupid cheap, stupid easy to install.

Two shots from the camping trip that drove the RTT purchase.

This photo is hard to tell, but it was 28 degrees...

The Dark Defense lights installed on the Cali Raised Ditch Light Brackets. The MXT Antenna mount is temporary until the new bracket. Previously, it was mounted where the new lights are...

And, currently, my favorite picture of the truck.

Reactions: 5280Ranger

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Looks Good! You'll love the sliders. I hit them all the time. They've saved me, that's for sure. Now I need a high clearance bumper and the skids that you have.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Looks Good! You'll love the sliders. I hit them all the time. They've saved me, that's for sure. Now I need a high clearance bumper and the skids that you have.
Do you have the White Knuckle Sliders? I hear good things. A guy local to here has a set and they seem to do great... The skids are killer. If you are on Ranger5G, reach out to Stage 3 (Frank specifically) and he will hook you up on the ARB sliders. They are in stock. I can't say enough good things about them. Saved my bacon on many occasions.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Do you have the White Knuckle Sliders? I hear good things. A guy local to here has a set and they seem to do great... The skids are killer. If you are on Ranger5G, reach out to Stage 3 (Frank specifically) and he will hook you up on the ARB sliders. They are in stock. I can't say enough good things about them. Saved my bacon on many occasions.
Yes, White Knuckle is a somewhat local company for me. I picked them up to save on delivery. The sliders are heavy duty. My daughter helped me install them. Use jack stands. It will make the install much easier. I got the 90* version so that I can use them as a step. They don't sweep upwards so it doesn't look as high clearance as some other may but it provides a good amount of protection. Many Toyota guys I know rock these sliders. Probably because we try to buy local as much as possible but also because they are very stout.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I am getting the 90 degree option too. Wife needs a step. She's 5'2'' and is already annoyed getting in and out. Wait until I jump to 33'' tires... I'd have bought local, but no one is making them for the Ranger here. Of course, after I bought mine, a dude is running a group buy with RRW on IG. Their option was a close second for me. I went WKOR because I got to see a set in person.

• Haha
Reactions: GLOCKer

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

My wife is 5'2" and I'm running 33's. Plus she's pregnant. She just falls out sometimes. It's fun watching her trying to get in on the first try. HAHAHA!

• Haha

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I am getting the 90 degree option too. Wife needs a step. She's 5'2'' and is already annoyed getting in and out. Wait until I jump to 33'' tires... I'd have bought local, but no one is making them for the Ranger here. Of course, after I bought mine, a dude is running a group buy with RRW on IG. Their option was a close second for me. I went WKOR because I got to see a set in person.
My wife is 5'2" also and always rolls her eyes getting into my truck! :laughing: I'm hoping to sell her on me getting "running boards" (hahahaha sliders) to help her get into the truck!

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Installed my White Knuckle Off Road sliders today. Took about 2 hours with the help of a friend, but about an hour fifteen of actual work. The hardest part was starting the first bolt.

Reactions: GLOCKer and DrewKD

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I can't recommend the White Knuckle enough. The lead time sucks, but that's everything these days.
I'm going to have to wait a long while before I get to add sliders to my truck. We are relocating to Florida and have a contract on a home. My wife is just seeing the $$$$ flying out the window. My plan is that when we get settled, I'll sell her on the idea of "step bars" that will make it easir for her to get in my truck. HAHAHAHA!

• Haha

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Well... its been a long time since I updated this thread and a lot has changed.

20230902-154113132_Original.jpeg

This is the most recent and best action picture I have right now. My wfe and I welcomed our first (and only) child in December, so we haven't been able to get out.

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

I realized quickly that I was going to need enclosed storage for all the baby stuff, so we added a RSi SmartCap. The install was a pain, but mostly because it was 6 degrees out.

IMG_1098.jpeg

I have always hated the range on the Ranger., so... a Long Range America tank was ordered. We purchased this during the pre-order. No shipping or tax.

IMG_1115.jpegIMG_1117.jpeg

A buddy helped me install it, which made life a lot easier. Can it be done in your garage on the floor? Yes. Should you? I don't think so.

I also swapped out the Built Right tray for a 67 Designs rail. Its cleaner and easier to mount things on. I have my Icom 2730, my MXT275, and my Garmin inReach Mini 2 on it.

IMG_1300.jpeg

When installing the tank, I learned that the rear mount of the White Knuckle sliders interfered with the tank, so I had them welded on by a local shop. They look really good and will hold up well.

Somewhere along the way, I pulled out the Eiback kit and Icon leafs and went with OME HD fronts, SD rears and 2.2" leaf springs. The ride is infinitely better. The Eibachs were great, until I added the front bumper. They just couldn't handle the weight.