My little Suzuki

• HTML tutorial

Franck Alcidi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Darwin
Member #

Great little cars the Zooks. We have plenty here in Australia and many have been modified like crazy and they look and function very well off-road. Looking forward to seeing more of your mods!

budder

Rank 0

Traveler I

It is! Plan is a 2" lift and 235/75-15 tires. My only issue is that lifting is illegal in Norway, unless you buy a kit with approval papers from some german company. Cheapest I can find is 1500$. I have found cheaper black lift springs and trying to figure out if I can use shocks from another type of car that will give me a 2" lift. If it looks original, I'll get away with it. All the cheaper lift kits are all with different colors and logos on them :P

hi mate i was looking to get a jimny but my nan (being the 87year old off roader she is lmao) beat me to it and that has scared me off as she saids once you get above 37mph the steering wheels just shakes and vibrates and the car pulls violently to the right.
is this also the case with yours?
bearing in mind hers has got 270,500miles on the clock 1 engine rebuild and had all the high gears rebuilt.

regards kyle

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

hi mate i was looking to get a jimny but my nan (being the 87year old off roader she is lmao) beat me to it and that has scared me off as she saids once you get above 37mph the steering wheels just shakes and vibrates and the car pulls violently to the right.
is this also the case with yours?
bearing in mind hers has got 270,500miles on the clock 1 engine rebuild and had all the high gears rebuilt.

regards kyle
Sounds like she needs new king pin bearings. Google death wobble and jimny :) lots of info on it. Mine does not have this problem yet.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I don't think the Kia Soul came with a 4x4 model.

I think they only came as a fwd plattform.

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Our plan was to go stand up padling today, but the weather is shit! Went to a town and visited a viking museum in stead. Luckily the weather is a lot better now. My tent isn't the strongest in the rain :)

Met a cool old citroen at the museum :)

IMG_20170801_161555.jpg

IMG_20170801_155715.jpg

A nice village

IMG_20170801_121259.jpg

IMG_20170801_120734.jpg

Camping here for the night
IMG_20170801_184610.jpg

budder

Rank 0

Traveler I

Our plan was to go stand up padling today, but the weather is shit! Went to a town and visited a viking museum in stead. Luckily the weather is a lot better now. My tent isn't the strongest in the rain :)

Met a cool old citroen at the museum :)

View attachment 30705

View attachment 30704

A nice village

View attachment 30702

View attachment 30703

Camping here for the night
View attachment 30706

That's some beautiful scenery and photography

Jus wondering about buying one for my sons 17th birthday in a few years and building an out doors adventure vehicle out of one for him as they would be cheap to insure do to there small engined nature
What would you recommend to be the first thing to do to it

Regards kyle

Reactions: Luis Merlo

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

That's some beautiful scenery and photography

Jus wondering about buying one for my sons 17th birthday in a few years and building an out doors adventure vehicle out of one for him as they would be cheap to insure do to there small engined nature
What would you recommend to be the first thing to do to it

Regards kyle
Cheap mod is remove bsck seats and make some nice storage options. Or just a flat floor. And then a 2" lift and bigger tires! I would also consider manual hubs, as the vaccum system will eventually fail. Better to just have the hubs, then having to replace vaccum lines from time to time :) They are so much fun these cars!

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Not much happening these days with the jimmers. Been fixing my pick up, which is finally ready to sell!

Anyways. Have fixed a bit of rust. Love the new rust converter stuff I bought :P Found out that the car has been in a crash too. Went to install some recovery points, and the front of the frame was a bit bent. But it's just the very front, everything from the radiator and back is ok. But had to use that hammer a bit to make them fit..

Also got me some spotties. Where I live in Norway, we don't see the sun for a couple of months during winter. In summer it never sets, and in the winter it never rises. We got about an hour of dusk, and then dark again when it is at it's worst. So good lights are nice. Wish I could fill my entire car with lights, but these two are just barely legal, and they are so small! Not allowed to add any more lights to the front.

I have also wired up my CB radio. The car is so small, so it almost looks like a radio controlled one with the antenna on the roof :P

I have been binge watching iamjake on youtube, and got inspired. Checked if I could sleep in the jimny. I could if I put the rear seats back in. Suzuki designed it so that if you recline the front passenger seat and the rear seats, you can sleep on them. But the rear seats will be a bit inclined, and I would never be able to sleep like that. Need a flat surface. But from the dash and back there is only 179cm. I am 191, so my feet would hang out the back sadly. The seat configuration would be about 200cm. But would also kill my back after one night.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

So, Bodø..

That gives me an idea, you guys have a great aviation museum up there that I really want to visit!

Love your little Suzuki! And I must say you have some beautiful scenery there! I'm not familiar with you little rig though. Could you give us Americans some specifics on it? Model, engine and whatnot. I don't think they released one here in the US. Happy trails and good work so far!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Hi dude just thought I'd give you some more info on the little suzuki.
They are basically Jeep TJs with small engines e.g. Solid axels, very basic, swb, very reliable, and easier to get parts for than jeeps (everywhere except the states) they also come with transfer case locking basic lockers that give even power to front and rear and come with 4.1-1 gear ratio so they are very simple to chuck bigger wheels on and take it to the rocks(not to mention like the TJ the stereo sucks)

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Alistair

AlexanderLR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Bodø, Norway
Member #

Finally got some maintenance done! Replaced wheel bearings, kingpin bearings, new rotors and pads. Doing the diff oils tomorrow. Also bought some new bfgoodrich AT2's. Test fitted my newly painted rims that someone gave me for free :)

Going offroading again next weekend. Local authorities are so strict. Last time we were allowed was in April. My local club have to apply to be allowed to offroad, even if the guy that owns the land says go go go. Silly Norway.