My latest article in OutdoorX4 magazine "How to be found in a Wilderness Emergency"

• HTML tutorial

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
The latest issue of OutdoorX4 is out.

While I encourage everyone of get a subscription the below link will open the magazine for you.

While all the articles are excellent, I ask you to pay special attention to my article on page 104 , OutdoorX4 Outdoor Training section "How to be found in a Wilderness Emergency". I also have a blurb in the "What we Dig" section. Enjoy.

http://current.outdoorx4.com/?m=282...N7xcygdHCuOTTDTLge9zrz8eMLb81Pr_g_g&ver=html5

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS

While I encourage everyone of get a subscription the below link will open the magazine for you.

While all the articles are excellent, I ask you to pay special attention to my article on page 104 , OutdoorX4 Outdoor Training section "How to be found in a Wilderness Emergency". I also have a blurb in the "What we Dig" section. Enjoy.

http://current.outdoorx4.com/?m=282...N7xcygdHCuOTTDTLge9zrz8eMLb81Pr_g_g&ver=html5
Awesome!!!!! Thanks for the link!!!

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
In The article it’s mentions a flare gun. If you had to use it in summer would it be dead before hitting the ground and starting a fire?
Of course, I was just wonder..
Yes the flare would burn out before hitting the ground. Keep in mind, this is an emergency signaling kit and common sense should be used prior to use.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
That’s a nice list of items. Does the signal panel double as a pocket to store everything?

Silver Rover

Rank V

Member III

Montgomery, Texas, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Thanks for the link. Great article

Reactions: mep1811

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

Thanks for sharing this. I was not able to access the article, but will try at home. I overland alot solo and am older. My legacy inReach is always on my person, and I drop pins to family often so that they know my precise location. Itineraries change all the time when traveling the dirt.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Thanks for sharing this. I was not able to access the article, but will try at home. I overland alot solo and am older. My legacy inReach is always on my person, and I drop pins to family often so that they know my precise location. Itineraries change all the time when traveling the dirt.
The link is still working.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks, It must have been a work thing. Read the article. I would be very hesitant to use an aerial flare in tinder dry California right now. I rely on my inReach to relay my precise position to those that need to know.
As well as smoke generators… in fact here in the PNW most incendiary devices are illegal no matter what the use is inside public lands.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Thanks, It must have been a work thing. Read the article. I would be very hesitant to use an aerial flare in tinder dry California right now. I rely on my inReach to relay my precise position to those that need to know.
The use of any of the signaling devices is not mandatory. As stated in the article , just giving SAR coords in many times is not enough.