OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
That is an amazing campsite. Where about is that? You do not have to give me exact location, just curios whereabouts it is. (feel free to PM exact coordinates :grinning: )

Reactions: Fred25246

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
That is an amazing campsite. Where about is that? You do not have to give me exact location, just curios whereabouts it is. (feel free to PM exact coordinates :grinning: )
Arkansas in the Ozarks. It's called Spainhour Falls. Its very popular, definitely not a secret spot. its a rough 3.4 miles of trail that takes a good 30-45 min in jeeps to get to.
35.621640, -93.464540

Reactions: 64Trvlr and OcoeeG

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

After I added two jacks to the rear corners it became very stable.
That's great plus I'm sure it is easy to level out. Great build. Do you have any idea what the cost of the materials you have in it is? Also how hard was it to get plates? I know in some states, home built trailers can be hard to get plates for.

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
That's great plus I'm sure it is easy to level out. Great build. Do you have any idea what the cost of the materials you have in it is? Also how hard was it to get plates? I know in some states, home built trailers can be hard to get plates for.
Less than $2,000 in materials including axles and articulating hitch. Plates were no issue at all here in Louisiana. Electrical system was about another $1,000. All in all with RTT, Alpicool fridge, 2KW inverter generator, metal, wood, electrical sys...Everything together was under $5,000.

Reactions: Sheedy614

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

Less than $2,000 in materials including axles and articulating hitch. Plates were no issue at all here in Louisiana. Electrical system was about another $1,000. All in all with RTT, Alpicool fridge, 2KW inverter generator, metal, wood, electrical sys...Everything together was under $5,000.
That's really not that bad at all. I imagined the cost was going to be like 8-9. Good work!

Reactions: Fred25246

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
did you put in a straight axle , torsion, or Timbrens? cant see in the pictures and it looks great. Very similar to what I have in mind for myself.
I originally used 2000lb torsion half axles but the leverage and weight of 33" tires proved to great during extrema off camber situations and bent the heck out of the spindles on the first trip. I had a local machine shop build me a piloted adapter to weld onto the original axle drop bracket and bolted JK wheel hubs to it.

Attachments