Contributor III

Fort Sill, OK, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Clark
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I used the free version of Sketchup to do my drawings.
View attachment 280276
As for the trailer, its been sitting in the driveway since I got back. I will be swapping out the independent suspension for solid and leafs until I find new springs with a higher rate... the suspension worked great, towed great, but the springs were near bottomed out the whole trip. I am considering air bags too but for now I am just going to swap the axle and use it as it is.
I havnt had a whole lot of time to work on it since I've been back and the garage is still a mess so I cant even get it backed in at the moment lol.
Thanks; good luck.

Looks great.

Advocate III

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Well until I figure out my coil springs and possibly air bags to assist the springs, maybe a second setbof shocks....
I had a bunch of parts hanging around from other trailers so I swapped in a solid axle and leafs while I sort out other parts.
Sits at the original height planned for the trailer lol. No more hitting my head on doors.

Attachments

Advocate III

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Managed to get the trailer out again ( probably the last time this year as the jeep needs work and the trailer will be getting some upgrades as well). Had a great time out with some good friends, did a potluck Thanksgiving dinner, dis some fishing, and got my new pup out on her first trip.
We were about 2 hours back on the trail and the trailer soaked up everything I threw at it ( even some decent off camber spots in a large washout).

Attachments

Reactions: Smidee and PCO6