Arizona, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Kane
Service Branch
Army reserves vet
This will be a long post, sorry.

Wanna start with saying I'm open to suggestions for my build, but I'd like to keep this thread relatively clean. So for suggestions and advice please message me privately. I'll update the post with advice and suggestions I decide to go with. I've asked for advice on reddit and the ford truck enthusiasts forum and have been majorly shot down due to what I want to do and the time it will take to set things up. So I want to clarify that this is something I am going to do, I am not interested in the naysayers.
So let's get into it.

I've got a 2020 ford f450 platinum with 37k miles, Carli 2.5" leveling kit, upgraded steering (ram rod I think?). Second owner and the upgrades were already installed. I will primarily be using this truck for hotshot trucking and want to go with an overland build so I can have a comfortable sleeping situation, hang out area, kitchen, and shower/bathroom as needed. I do not want to modify the interior much at all which is why I'm going with an overland build instead of a sleeper berth.

This thread will update slowly as I start to get stuff in the coming months. Below is the build that I have in my head so far.

• Over the cab ladder rack with built in headache rack. Custom built to accommodate a RTT over the cab, allow for gooseneck connection of trailer, and access to combination auxiliary diesel tank tool box. (Not sure how to design this to properly hold the weight yet, ideas welcome.)

• Auxiliary diesel tank tool box combo with transfer pump to main tank

• Potable water tank (100 gallon?) Piped after the pump to necessary locations

• RTT ideally hardshell and able to fit over the cab on the ladder rack with the entrance on the driver side. Looking for advice on which one to get. I'm a big guy, 6'2" 330lbs. Don't really like the clam shells due to how small they are on the hinge side.

• 180° awning with walls and something for the floor

• Shower cube and toilet cube (mounted the same way as the awning)

• Light bar mounted to the front and possibly sides of the ladder rack.

• Propane mounted in the bed and propane lines ran where needed.

• Water heater for the shower

• Large capacity fridge/freezer (dometic I guess) will be trying to meal prep and will be on the road for up to three weeks at a time.

• Some form of all in one kitchen system. Ideally with a sink of some form and grill. Possibly a slide out if I have room and it doesn't affect the gooseneck, otherwise a stand alone. (Looking for advice on this).

• Power bank or generator, not sure yet, open to recommendations.

• Portable ac, zero wave or eco cool (I think those are the names)

• Some form of heater for the tent (Open to suggestions).

• Rear air bags to help my suspension from sagging if that's an issue, TBD.

• Rugged ebike so I can explore when off the clock.

• 40' flatbed gooseneck trailer with mega ramps, air bag suspension, triple axel.

• Star link for internet as I will be bringing my 40" TV and Xbox series x (must play call of duty)

• A table or two and chairs

• A passenger princess (taking applications haha).

• ELD (electronic logging device) to track my driving hours while working. Looking for advice on which one to get and how to install it as seamlessly and cleanly as possible.

• CB radio with PA system also installed as clean as possible.
I think that's everything. If I forgot anything I'll add it later. Obviously fully setting up would take a while so it won't always be fully setup, only when I have the time. Some have suggested that I mount the tent to the top of the gooseneck. I would prefer not to do that as I would like to use my setup on personal time as well without the trailer. As I plan to get this truck out in the wilderness too.

So yeah, if you've made it this far, thanks for reading and this has been my Ted talk. Reward is current pictures of my truck and it's current upgrades.
20241002_103320.jpg20241002_103337.jpg20240919_132734.jpg20240919_132759.jpg20240920_110026.jpg20240920_110038.jpg