Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Purchased in May 2015, it's a 6.0 Powerstroke, it's needed some engine work done. I've put about $6000 into repairs, and almost 30,000 miles on it. Hoping this is the year I start building it got overlanding.

The last couple of years, money has been tight building a Homestead and being married with 3 kids is expensive and time consuming, but it's the most rewarding part of my life, wouldn't trade it for anything. My wife is on board, and we are planning long road trips in the next few years, as the kids are getting older.

Last edited:

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

have you seen the excursion build thats been featured a couple times on expedition portal? it seems to be a solid build to keep daily drivability up while adding storage and back country capability to a large family hauler
Yes, Chris is doing an awesome job on that build

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

All new Moog Parts, PowerStop Brake Kit, Warn Premium Locking Hubs, Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Steering Damper, Hellwig Front Sway Bar, and Centramatic Wheel Balancers.

Finishing before the weekend, got a trip scheduled for David Crockett State Park, TN.

Overland Bound Member #6080
Follow us on Facebook, and Instagram

Reactions: Darren01

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

OK I completed some much needed maintenance and an upgrade. Changed the coolant, installed a new degas bottle (old one had small cracks in it), and installed a Mishimoto Coolant Filter Kit. Slowly but surely this project will come together.

trfkcop

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
First Name
Todd
Last Name
O'Neal
Member #

Great looking platform!! I considered doing an Expedition build before I got rid of my Tahoe, went the other way and bought a brand new Outback. The Wife wasn't on board with the time it would take to do the build I wanted to do.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Love seeing these big builds. Its awesome to see the predecessor to my Expedition EL. *bows with honor*

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Great looking platform!! I considered doing an Expedition build before I got rid of my Tahoe, went the other way and bought a brand new Outback. The Wife wasn't on board with the time it would take to do the build I wanted to do.
For the price of a new vehicle plus building it, my wife would never be on board with that. Plus this older stuff is easier to work on.