Multi day, multi state trip...

• HTML tutorial

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

May 19th we will start our 6 day trip where the wife, the pup, and myself will be exploring a few northern states, to explore, to camp, to hike and to really just get away from Vegas!

We have 6-7 days and in that time frame we will be exploring as much as we can pending trail and weather conditions.

We start the night of the 18th, from Vegas our route goes as follows:
- Bear lake UT into
- Jackson WY into
- West Yellowstone into
- Stanley Idaho into Sawtooth national Forrest
- back through Nevada via 93 south.

No real plans for specific areas of camping but doing a lot of research into those areas, only problem is that majority of the really awesome trails to drive, are kept pretty quite by the locals in the area so we will be hopefully finding places on the fly to do some primitive camping!

We will be looking into some harder trails if the weather works with us and some snow melts haha

Should be a blast and I'll be sure to post pictures

Reactions: Steve and ASNOBODY

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Get yourself a BLM map if you don't already have one. Man, if I had 6-7 days from Las Vegas I would make a b-line for Canyonlands/Moab area and stay there the whole time…just too beautiful there and so much to do, but all those other places are awesome as well, especially Jackson. Sounds like a great trip!!!

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Get yourself a BLM map if you don't already have one. Man, if I had 6-7 days from Las Vegas I would make a b-line for Canyonlands/Moab area and stay there the whole time…just too beautiful there and so much to do, but all those other places are awesome as well, especially Jackson. Sounds like a great trip!!!
Yea we want to spend a few days out in canyon lands/ arches/ Moab as well but it'll be a later trip for that! I have A LOT of maps downloaded for offline use for the areas we will be visiting in the other states. Does anyone know of any fun trails to run in any of those places mentioned?!

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Not too much fun stuff immediately around Jackson as far as I remember aside from beautiful vistas and small dirt roads. There are some fun trails around the west of Bear Lake between Beaver and Doubletop Mountain if I remember correctly…can't help with names and locations though as it's been a while. I hope someone can weigh in and direct you to the good stuff. :)

Reactions: .shark.

.shark.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Proud older brother moment... Little sister decided she wanted to tag along! She has a Honda element the "4wd/awd" hybrid model and just got some bfg's put on and I gotta say it looks pretty cool haha
and here's a rough outline of the areas we will be in....