Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We use the Mr Heater Portable Buddy, the small one and it keeps us nice and warm in our Jet Tent 25x, (8x15 approx) in 15 f overnights. I found this compact, short and squatty 5 lb Worthington bottle mounted with a slightly modified bottle rack from Frontrunner. 5 lbs will keep you warm for at least 4 nights and if you are conservative ya might squeeze in 6 nights. We usually warmed up the tent before bed, but once bedded down, I'd turn it off, wake up around 4AM and turn it back on, sleep till sun up and awaken to a nice cozy warm tent.. DSC00109.jpg

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
RE Buddy Heater, i have one and plan to use it soon in the tent. Last time i used it my garage smelled for a few days, just curious if you folks have problems with smell sticking to the tent at all?

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
We use the Mr Heater Portable Buddy, the small one and it keeps us nice and warm in our Jet Tent 25x, (8x15 approx) in 15 f overnights. I found this compact, short and squatty 5 lb Worthington bottle mounted with a slightly modified bottle rack from Frontrunner.
Where did you find that short bottle? google is failing me.

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
The Mr Buddy has an auto shutoff if O2 levels get too low

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
The ones i'm finding are not the shorty ones, so maybe that fell out of style. Not a big deal.

I assume you guys have no problem with the smell sticking to the tents then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
well the last time i ran it in my garage in full blast with my 20lb tank for maybe 6hrs (installing roof rack in winter), my garage had that signature smell for about 2 days. But yes it did work nicely that long, got the garage up to high 50s.

I do remember the last time i used it on a tent i didn't have problems with the smell so i maybe just overthinking this.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I use my Mr heater in my rtt all the time. I run a hose from a 20lb tank in the bed of my truck up to the heater inside the tent. Works great.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

I use my Mr heater in my rtt all the time. I run a hose from a 20lb tank in the bed of my truck up to the heater inside the tent. Works great.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app
Where do you place the heater in your tent? I need to pick one up for my rtt. Plan on the VT overland rally again this year, the baby will need some heat to be able to sleep at night.

pierceg

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Missoula, MT
Member #

I used mine this past weekend, first winter, well spring camp of, the season. Still have snow, but was raining.
I had my annex on, so it stayed below. Opened up the door and let the heat in. Worked well enough before bed time and wake time to get warmth going.