msnyder1112

Rank I

Contributor III

Ohio, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Snyder
Hey guys, I'm new to this stuff so please excuse my ignorance.

I recently bought a Vevor 2 Motorcycle Hitch Carrier to transport my EBikes and eventually some other fun toys. This carrier seems to be a knockoff of a brand called Black Widow.
I did a mock run with my 70lb ebike and with the high quality ratchet straps, it seems to be pretty stable.

My only qualm is, the first bike setup, doesn't have a loop to connect the ratchet strap closest to the tailgate of my truck and I'm wondering what is the easiest way to add one.

The skeleton of the carrier is a 2 inch hitch receiver made out of anodized aluminum.
Would bolting in a d-ring cause structural issues or should I just wrap the strap around the carrier and attach it to itself?

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
you dont have any pics so its hard to tell exactly what you have going on, but i have a bike carrier and a swing away hitch that i use and i know how i use straps with it. i wouldnt drill in a nice anodized frame for several reasons...just use a 2" u-bolt and since the top of it is round, it will automatically give you a anchor point at the gap between the frame and top of the u-bolt after tightening it down and you can put where you need it and change it when you want without popping holes all over your nice frame.
i'd also add a wrap of tape to the u-bolt to keep from scratching your anodized coating.

1720623240104.png

Last edited:

WYWander

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSDA676
You could hook to the safety chain loops at the hitch.

Worst case would be looped around the shaft but I wouldn't recommend that unless you really have to.

msnyder1112

Rank I

Contributor III

Ohio, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Snyder
You could hook to the safety chain loops at the hitch.

Worst case would be looped around the shaft but I wouldn't recommend that unless you really have to.
I did my test run with it looped over the shaft, it worked but it's less than ideal. I didn't think to use the hitch safety loops but I remember it being tucked in there and am concerned the straps might rub the bumper. Worse case, I can use a U Bolt like grubworm suggested!
Thanks!

Reactions: WYWander