US West Mormon Emigrant Trail Snow Day *if there’s snow!

• HTML tutorial

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
Looks like I'll be bringing up the rear, ETA 9:25 a.m., Sorry for The delay, I can play catch up if everybody gets moving before I get there

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
O the irony, Someone Suggested getting a phone number, of course my radio died as soon as we left Safeway haha.

Great day and thank you again everybody what an awesome trip

Nikosan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Peninsula/Pollock Pines
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Glad to meet everybody. So many people to say thank you. Tony for leading and making sure no one is left behind, Mike and Ray for going back up the mountain to help. Emanuel using his Rubicon pulling guys who are stuck. Mike again for helping me.
Great camaraderie shown all day long. I had fun.
Nick

Last edited:

redquatquat

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Emmanuel
Last Name
B
Member #

For those going on Saturday take some good photos if you have to do recoveries. Sunday March 14th we have our monthly meet up at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (1-3pm) and it seems like good timing to talk about recovery options and share experiences you had. I’m going to pull out recovery boards and also demonstrate safety steps for winching.
Unfortunately I cannot join the meetup today but here few shots from some rope and winch recoveries :
The trip was fun as we got stuck!

We had manual recoveries too :tearsofjoy: :
IMG_7891.jpg

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Glad to meet everybody. So many people to say thank you. Tony for leading and making sure no one is left behind, Mike and Ray for going back up the mountain to help. Emanuel using his Rubicon pulling guys who are stuck. Mike again for helping me.
Great camaraderie shown all day long. I had fun.
Nick

You did great out there Nick, just glad I was able to assist, Situations like that are excellent learning experiences for the future. We all hope to see you on the next trip and make sure you lock up your sandwiches next time!!! Dang dog.

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Good trip. Fun times, nice meeting ya'll. Not enough time to get fully acquainted but here's hoping to seeing ya'll on the trails again!

Great way to learn your rigs capabilities in the snow and slush haha. And recovery techniques!

We will have to caught up on the next one, thanks for lugging your huge Bubba Rope up the hill to help with the recoveries.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Hey all it was good time I hope we can do it again. I hope we can get farther next time

Reactions: PapaDave

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Hey all it was good time I hope we can do it again. I hope we can get farther next time

The last place we stopped and turned around was pretty close to the top. It was nice meeting you guys, we’ll see you on the next one.